You can type here any text you want

Nitrous in reverse

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Justin Trump

I'm looking at a 1987 T-Type that had a nitrous system installed in the '80s. I'd rather have it original. Are there parts/kits available to accomplish this? The car was in storage for many years but was recently resurrected and seems to run fine (without nitrous in the tank). Any advice? Thanks.

Remove the bottle, lines, solenoids, and nozzle. Plug the nozzle hole or replace the up pipe with a stock one. I know someone who might want the kit if you get rid of it.

IMG_8764.JPG It looks more complicated than that. Here's a photo.

IMG_8764.JPG

It looks worst than it is. All that is tapped into the plenum. Easiest thing I believe is to buy a new plenum and sell that one with the kit. From what I can see everything else looks fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I wonder if the injectors and chip have been modified. So I might have to buy the originals for those too? Is there anything else that is likely to have been modified if it has a nitrous system? How will I be able to tell?

That’s a little over my head. I do have a nice set of 42lb injectors and a matching chip if you need them.

EDIT: Remove all 6 nozzles and use pipe plugs in holes or remove plenum and replace with a stock one. Chip will probably have low timing for nitrous.

I do have someone who would be interested in the kit.

I’m interested in it if u want to get rid of it

As well as a plenum I can port for you and muiltable other parts I would be willing to trade you for this setup

I'd be more concerned about what else is screwed up, given that engine has likely been beat on and ??
As for ID and such, of what's needed to be removed, find someone local, that knows these cars, & can ID the items.
Where are you located?

That is a pretty nice looking NOS kit. It looks a lot more than the average kit that was making 35 - 75 hp. According to all of the posts he will not have any trouble returning it to stock.

Your setup looks similar to this one so it might not be as bad as you think. Just remove the main lines and the doghouse then slap on a stock one and you should be good to go . You may also have to swap out the chip as well .
16331221-BC63-4C94-AC60-CDEE33C0D88A.jpeg
6FC4387D-B0B0-4C09-B74E-3B1F7EBBFAA4.jpeg
A5CDD1C6-AB46-4D79-8F90-10F01AA27BAE.jpeg
1D2D2561-D61B-450E-A493-222E026493AB.jpeg

I do have someone who would be interested in the kit.

I have the same setup sitting on a shelf not in use if your really interested lmk it call “medusa” nos setup

If I buy the car, I guess it won't hurt to run it with the nitrous system installed (but never activated) until I decide if I want to return it to original or not. Thanks for all the advice.

WTF! :eek:

Dude. I hope you get a real bargain on that car.

And if you buy it............................Get rid of that contraption. Sell it to someone who needs to spool up an 88 with a stock cam. :rolleyes:

I feel a ''how to I replace my head gaskets'' thread in the near future.

...that turns into a ''who has a good running long block'' thread.

Ran that when it came out. 1st run a head gasket.. Went back to the tube single nozzle system with no problems. Just get another plenum.. Easy to do. Bottle bracket holes in the trunk ?? Hole in fuel linkage for full throttle to turn the NOS on .Again just replace the linkage if they used one. Was a blast back in 86... Nobody was talking about what was done to their cars. NOS did the talking for a lot of us.

Now Alky does the talkin :cool:

Ran that when it came out. 1st run a head gasket.. Went back to the tube single nozzle system with no problems. Just get another plenum.. Easy to do. Bottle bracket holes in the trunk ?? Hole in fuel linkage for full throttle to turn the NOS on .Again just replace the linkage if they used one. Was a blast back in 86... Nobody was talking about what was done to their cars. NOS did the talking for a lot of us.

Now Alky does the talkin :cool:

Yupp .. take stock high 13 second slug

Put on a 125 shot + slicks = mid 11's

30 passes or so later get ready for a trans.. then back to mid 11's :)

Back