Nitto Drag Radial GP???

REGL8R

With the racing season here I am in need of some drag radials and I bet alot of other members would be interested. Any vendor think a group purchase could be a possibility?

P.S.- I was thinking 275 for 15" rims

I need some 17" but not sure what size to get,,help me out guys.......I have Low profile now (255-40-17"),,would like a little taller but not that dragster look....any ideas...
Thanks
Dennis

Nice Guys! Keep the interest coming, maybe get the word out on the general forum? Some vendor has to want all this business!

It is not a question of wanting the business I think I can speak for all vendors when I say we want the business. The problem is that unless you are a tire dealer that does huge volume you cannot buy them and ship them cheaper than the big tire guys. They get better deals, free shipping and sell them for almost no profit. The only person here who may be able to help out is Dave at Ramchargers contact him if you want to get this going but the savings will not be huge
Mike

Originally posted by Mike Licht
It is not a question of wanting the business I think I can speak for all vendors when I say we want the business. The problem is that unless you are a tire dealer that does huge volume you cannot buy them and ship them cheaper than the big tire guys. They get better deals, free shipping and sell them for almost no profit. The only person here who may be able to help out is Dave at Ramchargers contact him if you want to get this going but the savings will not be huge
Mike

Mike is SOOOOOO right. I tried to sell tires, but if I am not selling them to someone that can pick them up, I can not even touch the price. I can beat Summit/Jegs on price, but they move more stuff in one hour that I move in 1 year, so they have killer deals on shipping. I believe they offer free shipping for the tires.

I will look and see what I can do, but I am sure it will be fruitless.

Like trying to order a high dollar/performance BMX frame at a bike store that has to special order them, compared to a large worldwide BMX mailorder that has 100's in stock

:D

Someone got a GP for these tires going through Discount Tire Direct a few years ago-- the savings weren't huge, but it was something.

Might be worth a try since, as noted above, our supporting vendors probably won't have much swing on this one and there's little fat on selling tires.

Scott

Has anyone tried a place like BJ's wholesale store or Sams club I was in a Costco wholesale store in Delaware and ask the manager he said he could special order some BFG DRs he gave me a price of $130. installed for 235-50-15.He said he can only order afew sizes and you have to be a member to buy them cost $40. a year to join.