You can type here any text you want

Nittos vs. Mt

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BarbeeT

Just starting
I know there has been posts in the past about what drag radial is better, but what do you guys prefer to run?? Nitto drag radials or MT drag radials???? any opinions will be great!!! Which do you guys think are better????Thanks

I dont have DR's but supposidly you have to heat the Sh1t out of the nittos to get them to hook. The MT's require a little burnout to clean them off and heat them up. Go with MT's

MT hook better. Nittos last longer. I had Nittos on my second GN and found them to be utterly useless. Tow each his own tho.

The comparison is not even close. My M/T's work better than Nitto's under all conditions except tread life. The M/T's work better than Nitto's cold with no burnout. Even if you do a burnout with the Nitto's they still arent even close to the M/T's cold.

well I do have Mt's but I was just looking for some opinions Thanks alot guys!!! M/T's are the way to go!!!

I need more information before I can decide which to purchase.

I know Nitto works well in rain. How do MT work in rain? I tried Toyo Proxes & in rain I could not drive the TR.

I need more information before I can decide which to purchase.

I know Nitto works well in rain. How do MT work in rain? I tried Toyo Proxes & in rain I could not drive the TR.

MT's are not ment for the rain, not sure about the Nitto's.

Nittos are fine in the rain, downpour, flood, everything but snow. :smile:

And you can get 10K out of them if you drive your car a lot.

Cost would be another factor in the Nittos favor if you go by mileage. ;)

One would think how you plan on using them would factor into the discussion a bit. :cool:

I have nitto dr's on my car for street use. Just bought mt's for the track and haven't been to the track yet. The nitto's are only good at the track if your car has no more then 450hp. My best 60ft with the nitto's was only 1.7s. Im hoping for 1.5s or 1.6s with the mt's

absolutly no contest between the two in the hooking department mt for sure.both are fine in nondry conditions, unless you drive like you want to end up in a ditch.drag radials lasting is a loaded question as there are to many variables,although if you feel how much softer the rubber is on the mt vs the nitto you will understand right away that the nitto should easily outlast the mt but never grip as well as the mt.

I have no experience with the MT's. I ordered some for my mustang from Summit Racing about 14 months ago and the expected delivery date got pushed back 5 months, so I had to go with the Nittos. They hook okay on the street, but you can forget about launching with them. They suck and will break lose. My mustang might have 300rwhp and I can't launch it hard enough to get a good 60' time. The Nittos will just spin.

The Nittos suck. I had a set on the Cutlass back in the V8 days, never could get them to hook. My brother has no luck with them on the Roadmaster either.

The MT's are the way to go. My brother pulls the wheels with them on the T-type.

Back