You can type here any text you want

No 4th OD until 60 mph

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BADDGUY6

Hi Gang,

My trans won't shift into 4th OD at part throttle until I'm over 60 mph and let off the gas a little? Where do I start looking? Tried moving TV cable & adjusted shifter cable no change.

Thanks.
Guy

if loosening the tv cable didnt help suspect the 3/4 shift valve is sticking or the tv limit or tv upsift valve are staying downshifted or sticking.help me out here though.what is the 1/2 and 2/3 at wot?

Thanks Chris.

Originally posted by chris718
if loosening the tv cable didnt help suspect the 3/4 shift valve is sticking or the tv limit or tv upsift valve are staying downshifted or sticking.help me out here though.what is the 1/2 and 2/3 at wot?

The 1/2 is below 5200rpm and 2/3 shift is at about 5200 rpm. I have the shift light set at 5200rpm. No light on the 1/2 shift. On the 2/3 shift it comes on just before the shift.

this points to a sticking 3/4 valve train or clutch apply problem .install a pressure gage on the fourt tap and note pressure during a manual 3/4 at 60 mph with minimum, throttle and then hard throttle.hows the 3/4 at mid throttle when it applies without backing out of the throttle?

Originally posted by chris718
.hows the 3/4 at mid throttle when it applies without backing out of the throttle?
Went up to 75 mph at mid throttle. And NO 3/4 shift untill I let off a little.:(

Back