You can type here any text you want

No OIL PRESSURE

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Have tried everything? motor sat for about a year with no oil, i primed the system with a drill clockwise i put oil in the filter, still no oil pressure, i dropped the pan checked the pick up it's fine what the hell could it be? Opened up the oil pump up and gears look fine?? dont understand what it could be?? need help please,

Did you try packing the gears? Try running the drill in either direction and see if it makes pressure.

i did not pack the gears with vaseline, But i did put oil in the filter and disconnected the oil cooler lines.. i tried it clockwise and counterclock wise nothing whatsoever, i took the oil filter back out and oil hasnt moved?? been on this for a while....

Pack the gears and see what you get. Make sure you arent getting any air anyehere in the oils system. Do all the gaskets on the oil pick-up and front cover look good?

dammit i have some wheel bearing grease can i try that? i really dont want to go into walgreens right know im dirty as hell and ill ruin my seats in my car

Pack it with vaseline. Using a drill you'll only oil one side of the engine. Go in dirty or oil pressure what do I want? Grab a towel & make the trip.

Do you have any chassis grease. Wheel bearing grease may be a little too heavy. Never have tried it.

Thanks mike, havent read anyone using anything other than vaseline, Brian is right im going to walgreens and grab me a container of vaseline dont want to put anything else in there and ruin something...Will post back once i try it.. any other opinions please post**

oh forgot to update ** that vaseline dont F around $4 job done 60# of pressure Thanks guys

Back