You can type here any text you want

No power??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KCODE

Decided to change the positive battery cable with an OEM one. Removed old one from starter and replaced with new one. Oh yeah I know about the fuseable link put it back on as well. Turn the key on dash on, fuel pump, fan going great. Then I attempted to start the car heard a slight pop then nothing no power at all. Checked the wires on the starter were a little loose tightened them still no power. Is it the fusible link? If so how do I fix it?

Last edited:
All the lines that connect on the starter have fusible links in them besides battery cable. I would start by disconnecting the starter wires and test the resistance across the fusible links. If you have no power at all its one of the smaller wires that connect to the starter.

check your "regular" fuses first. But its probably a fusible link. So now when you turn the key on does anything (even a light bulb) turn on?

Im pretty sure its the fuseable link (the one that deals with the starter). My friend has a lift so we lifted my car and soldered it. I don't remember where about exactly it is, but the wire itself is cheap, its just a pain to get to it. go to Oreiley's, get the wire, and then solder it.

Thanks i got one wish i had a lift like you. Oh well on my back i go.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks guys fusible links was the problem. Order kit from Casper g2g.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back