You can type here any text you want

No sound out of speakers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JDSfastGN

Ok guys I'm not an audio expert at all, but I have recently installed a small system in the Gn. It consist of pioneer up front, stock in the doors, and cerwin vega 6x9s in the rear. One 10" alpine sub and a 400 watt alpine amp with an Alpine head unit. Well I was driving down the street a few days ago and all my sound from my speakers went away. I still had bass from the sub and the Alpine head unit(bought used from friend) still appeared to be on but there was no sound. I figured some thing in the head unit had gone south and I was planning on buying a new head unit anyways. I just installed my new pioneer DEH 6500 and I still have no sound from the speakers. Is there a particular wire I should be looking at the stock connector or is there a commmon place where wires can rub or anything. When it first happened I noticed right after I turned the car on that it was only bass, but a couple seconds later it all came back on, so I figured it was a mess up in my CD, but then going down the road about 10 minutes later it just cut power to the speakers. There is no amp controlling anything other than the sub, so it has to be in the stock wiring. Thanks a lot guys.

Sounds like one of the speaker wires is shorted to ground. Do you have a volt meter? Unplug the speaker harness from the radio. Set the volt meter to continuity and connect one of the probes to ground and then one at a time connect the other probe to each speaker wire one at a time. Look for a direct short.

Thanks man, I feel dumb, I had already checked that, but went back and checked my rear 6x9 again and it must have been grounded or something because it all works now. Thanks man.

Back