You can type here any text you want

Noises from the rear on light launch

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
I have UMI tubular uppers and lowers. HR sway bar. Bilstein shocks. All new. On a light take off it makes a popping sound like somethings in a blind or getting alot of stress on it. I used the stock hardware on the control arms. Sounds like somethings going to break.:eek: This is on the street. Whats it going to sound like at the track. I did use poly bushings in the rear end ears. Poly bushings on everything in the back for that matter. Normal driving is quite as a mouse. Maybe I should go back and retorque. Might have put too much on them? I could drill the frame and put 1/2 bolts in. UMI bushings are 1/2.

I wondered the same thing. I greased them through the grease fittings after everything was bolted up. I can't remember. Put them on in December and haven't drove the car much since. Think I'm going to pull it apart. Just cause they have been greased though the fittings doesn't mean that the steel inserts got lubed I would think.

Back