You can type here any text you want

non believers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
im going to be keeping a eye on that page. I lifted a head at 22pounds but im not sure its related to the alky as the motor as see way more then that but it had 84,000 miles on it.

Good. Let them believe what they want. If they blow head gaskets while running (or should i say trying to run alky) it is usually human error. Unzip-tied lines, shoddy electrical connections, forgetting to fill the tank:eek: , etc. They comment about detonation and the amount the sensor picks up too. There is a range of knock the sensor hears and considers knock form other noise and pulls timing accordingly. The knock with an alky/methanol mix would be in the same range if it were actually detonation. Not retorquing is another good one. The thing is they are uncovering their problems faster from the higher boost they are running or trying to run with the meth. It would still happen if they ran race fuel in the instances where their error was not involved. Ive been running alky for over 12 years now.

Well hopefully Julio will jump in on this. Look at his track times and how long he has been running methanol.
Reading that other thread it appears that there are other issues that they are not addressing. If you are not tuning your car properly the consequences are unfortunate regardless of what fuel you are running.

Bison and Dreamcar86 both have Solid Points! I just hate when people blame such a great mod for our cars the root of their problem. It's not and others, who know better back them up.

Someone opened up the flood gates in the general tech with a new race gas vs. alky thread....go check it out..

Dreamcar86;1633857 If you are not tuning your car properly the consequences are unfortunate regardless of what fuel you are running.[/QUOTE said:
thats the bottom line :cool: untuned SOMETHING is goin to happen :eek: :p

If you are not tuning your car properly the consequences are unfortunate regardless of what fuel you are running.
+2

Period.. Tuning also means using common sense and zip ties. ;)

Go to see a Nascar race.. first lap.. an engine lets go.. it was built with the very best components money can buy.. been strapped to a dyno for hundreds of pulls.. then the first lap.. boooommmm there it goes.. no turbo.. no nitrous.. stuff happens. Now go get a 20 year old car... its been floored 500+ hundred times.. detonated to death for 20 years chipping away at the head gasket.. put the alky kit on it.. crank the boost to 30 PSI.. head gasket goes.. its the alky kits fault ;)

TSM/TSO/TSE cars on C16 never ever ever blow up :rolleyes:

Some of the unbelievers "should" remove the IC and do this;
Drain the tank and fill with race gas, tune for the race gas (Zero KR), make a few runs.
Now, drain the race gas out of the tank, add 93 and PAC, re-tune the combo (Zero KR), make a few runs.

Which one was faster?
Sure, race gas + alky + IC would be faster, but that is not what we are talking about.
Design the experiment, collect the data, let the data do the talking!

So many opinions, so little time. ;)

Sure, race gas + alky + IC would be faster, but that is not what we are talking about.
Design the experiment, collect the data, let the data do the talking!

So many opinions, so little time. ;)

Only if they knew how to tune to maximize the performance with each of those setups and where the timing and a/f limits were for each combo. Yes it annoys me when alky is blamed for their breakage. $hit none of the engines ive run in the last 7 years have had less than 8.4:1 compression(with most around 9.0:1) on top of all the boost i throw at them. Tune it right the first time:rolleyes:.

Alky does break things:mad:

I can't keep a tranny in this thing:eek: . LOL!

Past 25-30k miles have been run with boost set above 25#, and always on pump gas. So far I haven't lifted a head, maybe it's rusted together after this many miles!

Alky does break things:mad:

I can't keep a tranny in this thing:eek: . LOL!

Past 25-30k miles have been run with boost set above 25#, and always on pump gas. So far I haven't lifted a head, maybe it's rusted together after this many miles!

Maybe your boost gauge is wrong and its actually 20 psi;) .

J/K:biggrin:

Thanks for a wonderful kit Razor! My buick is set at 28-29 psi. Been running that since the spring, 3000 miles and not a problem. All comes down to tuning. No head gasket problems yet. Oh, my engine has a non turbo crank in it. With 24# it ran an 11.71 @118. Holding together so far!

Back