NORBS????? gen 6 question, help

lust4bst

Hey Bud, I am the guy that sent you my Accel dfi for repairs, hopefully you can get er done, i have the most faith in your work, as i have read several other posts commending the work you do, anyways, i know if it can be done, your the man... ok, enough brownnosin, lol, but i have an oppurtunity to purchase a Jacobs Pro Street Ignition, i guess enhancer, plus an Ultra coil for what i have been told is a pretty inexpensive price of 175.00 Do you know if i can incorporate this into my system that i have told you i have, or if it is even worth my time,It has been running on a 7.4l just like the one i am running, and to the best of my knowledge, i have a stock coil, so...should i stay or should i go for it? haha. my setup, in case you dont remember is a 1991 gmc sierra, with a 1998 7.4l 454 out of a suburban, it has a pretty radical cam from competion cams, not exactly sure of the spec.s headers, 2 1/2 " flowmaster exhaust, An accel gen 6, (praying it can be fixed by a new friend)but the distributor and coil, im not too sure of, possibly an accel distributor, with an external coil. Will it help? the guy told me to set up the dfi to only control the fuel, and if i buy this thing, to let it control the spark, timing advance, etc. good advice? waddya think pro's out there? help a newbie out. I'll be lookin for a reply, he wants to get rid of this thing soon, said he invested over 400 in it, barely used it, sold the truck it was in,so he pulled it out. Talk to me, Lust 4bst...thanks guys, o yea, it evidently used to be a vortec setup, but now its multiport fuel injection, not too sure of all the differences, but it screams, well it did for a little while anyways.

I would not buy it, if you want get an accel 300+ box and coil on ebay usually around $100. Your just compicating things with less adjustability of the timing with no knock control. Send us a pic of your distributor setup. You box is not here yet, mail is usually very slow to Canada.

I'll take that advice,

thanks again, and i will have to wait until morning to take a pic of the setup as i dont have a flash on my digital camera, it be dark here now, lol. I dont think that i actually need the enhancer, but i will listen to your advice. What i could use is a little better gas mileage, but then again, the dfi wasnt operating correctly so....coulda been the prob.The ol 454 drinks it down tho. The box was mailed the day after i spoke, or typed to you, like i said i would. should be there soon. Appreciate the help, more than you know, Lust,(Bill)

Attachments

• Truck-4.jpg
    Truck-4.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 138
Good news i got the dfi today, will be doing some pre tests on it. Did you get any comunication with it as you sen to me? Next time send it airmail so you wont have to wait 3-4 weeks to ship!!

Airmail??

now ya tell me... haha, I dont know what you are asking me as far as communication with it, but if you mean cables, i have none.I have to take it to the shop and have it programmed, and basically pay them for their cables. I would love to hook this up by myself, as i am not too bad of a mechanic, but i need solid wiring diagrams to go by which i cant seem to get.Them alone would save me around $1000, plus a vote of reassurance telling me that it CAN BE DONE LUST!! haha thanks, and ifn ya got the right hookups for what i have, Norbs, you have the pics, pleeeeeze shoot the diagrams my way.... tipping isnt a city in China i know. :wink: thanks LUST4BST Bill

Attachments

• Truck-3.jpg
    Truck-3.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 115
OK here is the ecm pinouts:

gen 6 wiring pinout

Before you start pulling in anohter ecu you better make sure your wiring is ok or it will fry it again. :eek: