Octane Booster - Xylene Questions

gnturbo1987

I’ve gotten my car to run much better in the past few weeks thanks to some suggestions people gave me. I’ve read a bunch of threads with regards to some of you guys using xylene to increase the octane. I know you should mix 1gallon of xylene to 3 gallons of 93 and add about 2oz of Marvel Mystery oil. I have a couple questions about using xylene.

1. Can I just pour in the xylene into the gas tank instead of mixing in a container beforehand?
2. How long should you let it sit in your gas tank? I don’t drive the car but once maybe once a month and once the first snow comes, it doesn’t come out till the next spring. I use Stabil in the tank.
Any advice is much appreciated!

There was a day I used Xylene...

1. Just pour straight in no premixing needed
2.After a night of racing never had much left lol Your using Stabil your fine.

I have no experience with that particular product but most off the shelf Octane boosters don't waste your money!

Octanium actually works fairly well. The one listed above claims to be unleaded.

I used Xylene back in the day, then it got expensive.

If I can't find E85, I dump Boostane in with the 93. End result on a 17 gallon tank of 93 is about 101. And it really does work. If you sign up for their newsletter and keep an eye on it, they'll run a sale every now and then for 20% off. I grab a case when that happens.

But it turns your plugs orange, and do not get it on your skin, it'll make you sick quickly. Handle it carefully.

I used Xylene back in the day, then it got expensive.

If I can't find E85, I dump Boostane in with the 93. End result on a 17 gallon tank of 93 is about 101. And it really does work. If you sign up for their newsletter and keep an eye on it, they'll run a sale every now and then for 20% off. I grab a case when that happens.

But it turns your plugs orange, and do not get it on your skin, it'll make you sick quickly. Handle it carefully.
I will second the Boostane suggestion.

The stuff really works well.

Do not get it on the paint either. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

*****I used to use Xylene many years ago, when it was like $7 a gallon. It did work well, but then good quality alcohol injection systems came out and I have used that setup very very succesfully. The alcohol injection is on demand only and boost controlled, etc... It's an expensive up front cost, but my pump is mebbe 15 years old now and still works great!. Xylene works well if you don't wanna go the alky injection route though. Plenty of us did back in the day, and one nice advantage was it kept injectors super clean.

Anyone use Boostane on a regular basis long term? I used to add 104 unleaded from local race track but got expensive. Tried Boostane this year & have 0 knock issues. Car is weekend driver in nice weather only, maybe 4 to 5 tankfuls a year. I know it makes the plugs orange but does it do any damage long term like fouling the plugs, clogging injectors etc.

Anyone use Boostane on a regular basis long term? I used to add 104 unleaded from local race track but got expensive. Tried Boostane this year & have 0 knock issues. Car is weekend driver in nice weather only, maybe 4 to 5 tankfuls a year. I know it makes the plugs orange but does it do any damage long term like fouling the plugs, clogging injectors etc.
ive used it for about 2 years at 25psi with no issues about 10 tanks a year, the orange plugs have had no effect on operation i change them once a year anyway, never had issues with injectors so far, it gets expensive to run also but what isnt with these cars.

So for the once per year trip to the track to make 3 or 4, 25# passes, adding some boostane to the 93 (alky also) just as extra precaution against knock should be safe? Or would I be better off adding a few gallons of race gas at the track??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So for the once per year trip to the track to make 3 or 4, 25# passes, adding some boostane to the 93 (alky also) just as extra precaution against knock should be safe? Or would I be better off adding a few gallons of race gas at the track??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
When i go to the track i run straight c16 and crank the boost up even more, i just use boostane in street trim at 25psi.

Wear gloves when handling any of those concentrated octane boosters. They are very toxic and will make you feel very sick in minutes. Ask me how I know. Not worth the price and health risk to me. Alky and 93 thank you. I'ld do E85 if it was available in the area.

Wear gloves when handling any of those concentrated octane boosters. They are very toxic and will make you feel very sick in minutes. Ask me how I know. Not worth the price and health risk to me. Alky and 93 thank you. I'ld do E85 if it was available in the area.
Thats some wise words, i spilled a drop on my wrist and was sick instantly, definitley gloves and a mask for the fumes.

Thats some wise words, i spilled a drop on my wrist and was sick instantly, definitley gloves and a mask for the fumes.

Absolutely!
Way back, we tried some propeleyne oxide and hydrazine, in our t/f car.
The containers were in foam lined cases, mixed w/ an apron, mask, and rubber gloves.
DAMN! That shit was hard on our old 392!
I've seen a couple sets of injs that were run w/ additives. Looked almost like they'd never been run.
AIRC, the o'rings were hard as a rock.