octane question...

I'm thinking 100(premium) for the street on a beefy stock with no meth.../116(professional) is a different level, that's like mid to high 20's.

Last edited:
So no long time users of Boostane to chime in on their experience? I guess I'll continue to mix in 5 gallons of 104 unleaded because that's worked fine for the last year or so with no downside besides driving about 40 minutes round trip to fill up 2 5 gallon jugs & spending $110.

So no long time users of Boostane to chime in on their experience? I guess I'll continue to mix in 5 gallons of 104 unleaded because that's worked fine for the last year or so with no downside besides driving about 40 minutes round trip to fill up 2 5 gallon jugs & spending $110.
I use E85 now. It's wonderful. Short of doing that,I would use whichever of these 2 options is cheaper and I would turn the boost up to 20 lbs. if you can get the octane to 100.

sounds great, besides testing the pump with alkycontrol test kit...Has anyone used a electronic type gauge tee'd from the nozzle with transducer into the car to watch pump pressure?where do u get it?

Since were in the topic of octane additive's, Is
Methyl Hydrate 99.9% (paint section)or Napa safety kleen meth parts cleaner 99.9% the same as M1 from vp?

I don't know if Methyl Hydrate is even a form of alcohol. I do know that when using a Razor alky kit you must use either pure alcohol or an alky/water mix. There can be no petroleum based chemicals in the mix.

The most reliable and commonly commercially available forms of alcohol can be found by simply buying denatured alcohol from the paint section of a hardware store, isopropyl alcohol at the drug store, or the best is to use VP M1 from a race fuel supplier directly out of the can.

Question-Methyl Hydrate 99.9% that u find at homedepot and methenol that u find from napa autoparts stores, Are all these safe to use & the same?Methenol is Methenol right doesn't matter where u buy it[/QUOTE

Yes, pure Methanol is the same no matter where you buy it. I still am not sure if Methyl Hydrate is even Methanol at all. Because if it was it would be called Methanol.

Yes, pure Methanol is the same no matter where you buy it. I'm still not sure if Methyl Hydrate is even Methanol at all. Because, if it was............ it would be called Methanol.

Last edited:
Same with me, I took somebody's advice & hollowed it out. I welded my testpipe right through the stock cat convertor so it looks stock if u look under the car;).That's a classic. From what I understand from looking up boostane on youtube/internet it will turn the spark plugs & o2 sensors orange, weather it damages those parks not really said or known/ leaves a orange residue, Problably over time. And problably just better to just replace thoses parts now in then. But like somebody mentioned before does it leave any orange residue in the engine/ like on or around the pushrod's or piston not really known. I seen a test they made with torco& over time torco breaks up and small bits falls to the bottom like inside the engine. boostane seems to hold up/just change to a darker orange that problably ends up on the sparkplugs and o2 sensor.

Not counting/compared to the older octane addititives.. I'd like to know more about it if other people used it(boostane) because I only drive my car maybe 2000miles a year if that and it's less hassle than a meth kit from what I understand from the mataintence part of the alky injection, replacing the pump every couple of years/pressure test kit?They say it works, They say it's safe for unleaded pump gas/ classic car owner's etc. It was first designed for boat racing. It's not a sales pitch, I just like the price and less headaches. I'm not saying it's better than meth. Meth seems to be way better in more than one way.

I have found, that with a primarily street driven vehicle, the best results can be found by having a fuel combination that can be reliably repeated over and over again.

E-85 may not be the same every time you buy it. So many travel with an E-85 tester kit and check it on fill ups. After market engine management with a flex fuel sensor makes this easier. However fuel system upgrades are necessary when using E-85.

Additives like boostane must be measured accurately for desired octane results. Especially if your timing and boost are set close to this final octane number threshold.

For me, alcohol injection is the least troublesome. I fill it with 93 hit the throttle, and when you need alky it sprays.

However, its all a matter of personal preference.

Toluene,xylene,benzene,and naphthalene are all aromatic hydrocarbons. I use xylene because it has the highest octane of 117.
These are all great octane boosters. I used all of them back in the day. Pouring this stuff in at the gas station drew attention and turned the heads of the other gas pumpers around me.

But enough was enough. I just want to drive the damned thing. Having a car this highly modified means that I have already had enough headaches. 20 years later, I'm done now.

I used to run 100GT all the time on the street, racegas at the track. The Sunoco station was 5 minutes from my house, and it was only $5-8 a gallon. Then I did the math at $8 a gallon. I have alky control kit and run pump 93 E10 and go plenty fast all the time on same ol' gas I can get anywhere in the country. I wouldn't go back. Alky control all the way.

I have used Boostane for the last two summers. I use their app and mix it to 95 octane. I have not had a problem running 19 pounds of boost with an old school stage 2 turbo on a stock engine. Just street use, never seen the track.

You could run a mix of AVgas (100 octane)..$6.00 here I think. I'd start with at least 80% Fill the rest up with 93/94.

U can run about 23# on straight 100 octane fyi.

Your 02 will last a little longer. You could run 20#. Keep a/f 11.3/4 low timing up top

Yes, pure Methanol is the same no matter where you buy it. I'm still not sure if Methyl Hydrate is even Methanol at all. Because, if it was............ it would be called Methanol.

From looking up in the internet Methyl Hydrate vs Methanol it's same thing just a different name. I found a VP racing fuel dealer with M1 ($30 5 gallons)not that far where I live.

Also give me some good info, I can mix 94 pumpgas with 110 octane to make 100 octane(20litres of 94+20litres VP110 to make 100octane. alittle pricely using 5 gallon cans $75bucks/ 110 is $110bucks a can. For me it's going to work out to be 225+tax a full tank on the street mixing with 94 pump gas, I think. not sure. He said I can fill up 110 at the race track and would be cheaper. But it's a 2 hour drive from here. No wonder everybody goes alky. Another store I found sells klotz 110 for $80(5 gallons)a snowmoblie race store.

Boostane sounds good but?the orange stuff it leaves on, problably looks like that in other places too, that maybe we can't see?The gtr forums make it sound alright. And read a mitsubishi forum said one used boostane alot and had to replace heads for some reason because of something else and inside the heads etc everything was fine, the orange residue came off with a cleaner.

Last edited:
You could run a mix of AVgas (100 octane)..$6.00 here I think. I'd start with at least 80% Fill the rest up with 93/94.

U can run about 23# on straight 100 octane fyi.

Your 02 will last a little longer. You could run 20#. Keep a/f 11.3/4 low timing up top

Where's here my friend, do u live close to Toronto, Canada?

What's AV gas?

I have used Boostane for the last two summers. I use their app and mix it to 95 octane. I have not had a problem running 19 pounds of boost with an old school stage 2 turbo on a stock engine. Just street use, never seen the track.

From looking up in the internet Methyl Hydrate vs Methanol it's same thing just a different name. I found a VP racing fuel dealer with M1 ($30 5 gallons)not that far where I live.

Also give me some good info, I can mix 94 pumpgas with 110 octane to make 100 octane(20litres of 94+20litres VP110 to make 100octane. alittle pricely using 5 gallon cans $75bucks/ 110 is $110bucks a can. For me it's going to work out to be 225+tax a full tank on the street mixing with 94 pump gas, I think. not sure. He said I can fill up 110 at the race track and would be cheaper. But it's a 2 hour drive from here. No wonder everybody goes alky. Another store I found sells klotz 110 for $80(5 gallons)a snowmoblie race store.

Boostane sounds good but?the orange stuff it leaves on, problably looks like that in other places too, that maybe we can't see?The gtr forums make it sound alright. And read a mitsubishi forum said one used boostane alot and had to replace heads for some reason because of something else and inside the heads etc everything was fine, the orange residue came off with a cleaner.
Please refer back to my post #51.

When it comes to mixes and testing and formulation and experimenting, how long do you think it will take for you to begin feeling the way I do now?

Problably a long time. Your on a different level compared to me. But yeah, razor's alkycontrol and straight meth seems to be the cheapest and most effective way to go..not counting the kit. Then there's the mataintence part of it too, for someone like myself that doesnt drive it that much. Thats way I was looking at the octane boostane

Last edited: