Oil everywhere!!!!

alexo

Driving on freeway real easy. All of a sudden smoking. Figure tires? Since I just replaced springs.
Look at my oil gauge and zero.
No overheating though. I pull over maybe 2-3 minutes later. Engine bay is bathed in oil. Could this be the reason? I'm thinking yes. Hope engine is ok.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1412821420.633698.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes that is the reason! At an easy cruise you should be ok on the motor....... the turbo ? .... maybe how long was the car running before and after? Temp?

If your oil gauge is T 'd at the block where the turbo feed line comes from it will read zero when this line disconnected, but the motor should still have low oil pressure that may have saved it.

Couldn't pull over safely was the reason. Car didn't overheat. I'm gonna replace that fitting. New oil and filter. Hope for the best.
If anything the turbo would be the hurt thing.
Say a few prayers for me. You know how we are about our bucks!!!

that looks like it was either one clean break or there was no flare on the tube.

since the line is on the front side of the turbo I almost wonder if someone bent up a custom brake line and forgot to flare the end.

check that fuel line too ,
from the color of the nut it looks like someone used a flare fitting in whats supposed to be a saginaw oring fitting

Turned out to be a clean break.
Vibration maybe, nut torqued too tight? Who knows.
Today I'm Replacing oil feed tube, fittings, oil filter and adding oil.
Hoping all ok!!!