You can type here any text you want

oil filter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

garrett

Has anyone ever heard of a Buick V-6 engine imploding or sucking in an oil filter? I have an engine that did this to an oil filter. I changed the oil and put on new oil filter and it did it again, not as bad. I have since swapped out the motor, but I still would like to know what is causing it?

Are you talking about collapsing the filter media or collapsing the outer metal shell? :confused:

filter

I'm talking about the perforated inner structure. It sucks it into the center.

Do you have your filter bypass valve blocked??

I have had this happen to a Fram filter, but never AC Delco. I have my bypass plugged. The filter sees 100% of the oil flow with the bypass plugged.

Do you have your filter bypass valve blocked??

I have had this happen to a Fram filter, but never AC Delco. I have my bypass plugged. The filter sees 100% of the oil flow with the bypass plugged.

You should never plug the bypass unless you have mods to handle the flow on cold startups.

yes

Yes, I do have the oil bypass blocked. I also run 20w-50 motor oil. Should I step down to a lesser viscosity motor oil? What associated mods are you talking about?

filter

that's just the short version of the same filter. The filter is not the issue here.

Back