You can type here any text you want

Oil Pickup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jeff Rand

On a stage 2 using the Duttweiler oil system, what oil pickup is being used and where can it be purchased. I would perfer not to buy the whole pan because mine has been modified for the turbo oil return.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff, I'm no expert, but as I understand it. I think you would have to run a line from the Dutt. system (suction fitting) down to a fitting on or near the bottom of the oil pan.

Same thing I'll have to do. Line from bottom of pan, up to suction fitting. Output line from Dutt. system up to top/front of block to feed the oil gallery fitting.

There's a third fitting on the Dutt. system that I "think" is some kind of return, and I haven't figured out where to plumb that yet. Maybe a fitting on the fuel pump cover (same place I'll probably run the turbo return). Or a fitting on the pan.

pickup

You will have to make a sheet metal box with a screen on the bottom. Weld a .750 pipe coupling to the side of the box and run the coupling through the side of the pan leaving the screen .500 in. off the bottom of pan. You can put a full baffle in the pan, but it needs to be .500 lower than stock location.
Big Chinooks had one like this for sale recently.

Originally posted by TurboDave
Jeff, I'm no expert, but as I understand it. I think you would have to run a line from the Dutt. system (suction fitting) down to a fitting on or near the bottom of the oil pan.

Same thing I'll have to do. Line from bottom of pan, up to suction fitting. Output line from Dutt. system up to top/front of block to feed the oil gallery fitting.

There's a third fitting on the Dutt. system that I "think" is some kind of return, and I haven't figured out where to plumb that yet. Maybe a fitting on the fuel pump cover (same place I'll probably run the turbo return). Or a fitting on the pan.

The 3rd fitting is the relief valve return to the pan. I plumbed mine into the fuel pump blockoff plate. That way, the timing chain gets a bit more oil...;)
The pump out goes to a remote filter and cooler on my setup.
I made a screened pickup that welded to a -12 An fitting in the side of the pan.

Back under my rock..:D

I was hoping that someone sold just the pickup. I will try to contact Ken to see if he can put something together for me.
Thanks for the replies,
Jeff

put a FEMALE -12 bung in the pan, Moroso makes a screened -12 fitting that will screw into this and you will have a -12 male sticking out. You will be able to remove this fitting withthe screen attached to clean or inspect it during oil changes, you obviously want to baffle it inside the pan.

Originally posted by Jeff Rand
On a stage 2 using the Duttweiler oil system, what oil pickup is being used and where can it be purchased. I would perfer not to buy the whole pan because mine has been modified for the turbo oil return.
Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff! You could of saved yourself a lot of trouble by just sweet talking me out of my pan.I did offer it to you! I just sold it fo a 100.00 & it was all set to go. Remind me to smack you. Regards Lou

Lou for $100 I would have taken it. What did the buyer have to do to get the price down from $200!
Regards,
Jeff

Lou for $100 I would have taken it. What did the buyer have to do to get the price down from $200!
Regards,
Jeff
DAmn if been looking for one too,especialy for that price:mad:
Otto

Regards,
Jeff
First off the pan new is 100.00 & when you start adding up the time & materials & labor to convert it 200.00 is a bargin. I sold it to Sod Bogosian for that price because he has done me some favors & he didn't disrespect me cause I'm getting older. So eat your heart out & let this be a lesson! LOL

Favors

Lou:

I have done you alot of favors, and I really respect you.

When do I get a deal?

Crazy Maniac in Poway

Lou, I hope Sod enjoys his new oil pan. As for me I bought a new pan from Richard Lee for $45 (the one that I have been using) and Kenny will do the pickup for another $80 and I am good to go. So it is not a problem;I do not hesitate any time I can find an excuse to visit Kenny and pick his brain. Always a positive experience.
Jeff

Lou, I hope Sod enjoys his new oil pan. As for me I bought a new pan from Richard Lee for $45 (the one that I have been using) and Kenny will do the pickup for another $80 and I am good to go. So it is not a problem;I do not hesitate any time I can find an excuse to visit Kenny and pick his brain. Always a positive experience.
Jeff
I'm just giving you a hard time. Besides had you of offerd I probably would of sold it to you for that. Good Luck!

Back