OK Buick vs. Ford Shootout

My stepson is bringing his '89 Mustang. I'm letting him borrow our Suburban and trailer, but what he doesn't know is I'm going to sneak out the night before and crimp his fuel line so there will be at least one guaranteed win for the Buick guys!;)

Originally posted by RossGN
My stepson is bringing his '89 Mustang. I'm letting him borrow our Suburban and trailer, but what he doesn't know is I'm going to sneak out the night before and crimp his fuel line so there will be at least one guaranteed win for the Buick guys!;)
what are you scared he may beat you?
sounds like some pretty under handed activities going on in the buick camp.

Originally posted by kevans
Looks like it will be 4 or 5 nine second "street" Mustangs and that is it.

You guys HOPE thats all there is! If I were you, I wouldnt take that to the bank...

BTW, the Corral sucks.

Originally posted by SNEAKY
what are you scared he may beat you?
sounds like some pretty under handed activities going on in the buick camp.

Beat what? Ross sold his GN and has a GS. If you mustang guys are worried about a front wheel drive 4 door, I got a :rolleyes: for you.

What I can't figure out is why he needs to trailer the mustang from Wichita Falls. That's what a 2 hour drive (I guess it is 3 hours by mustang)

Originally posted by UNGN
What I can't figure out is why he needs to trailer the mustang from Wichita Falls. That's what a 2 hour drive (I guess it is 3 hours by mustang)

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PORCUPINE AND A MUSTANG???

THE MUSTANGS HAVE THE PRICKS ON THE INSIDE!!!! :D :D :D

Whoever said that Ford owners did NOT discourage slower cars from coming is lying. I know of at least 6 people who didn't race their mustangs because they were not at least in the 11's. They were told if they did race they couldn't be in the club cause they would lose because all of the mustangs seriously outnumber the buicks they would lose a lot of races from the slow ones.

My car may not be a 10 second car, yeah its only mid 12's but I don't have much money in it. Its stock. If you don't believe me come look. Last year a ford guy shot his mouth off the whole time, bet me a grand on a race. This guy was running 14's in qualifying then in eliminations it was suddenly a 12.6 or so:rolleyes: Wow glad he remembered to turn on the bottle that time. We didn't race for a grand, I don't have that kinda money but I beat him, he popped the bigger pills i turned the boost up a pound. And what was the first thing his friends said, "He missed second" "if he could have got traction he would won" EXSCUSES. You can talk all the $hit on here you want lets see it Saturday.

Heh Heh....he's trailering it and hoping to break into the twelves. Actually, he's coming Friday night and it's kinda hard to load slicks, tools, and the camping gear in the Mustang. :cool:

Originally posted by dragradialstang
Which one of you monte carlo's wants to get beat by the uglyest mustang of the bunch?:confused:

It depends. Are you driving it up or trailering it, too? Street tires aren't much good if you don't drive them on the street.

If you chumps want to talk sh#t to some Mustang owners just get on www.dfwstangs.net and let it fly. Prepare to be owned though....

As for us not telling Mustang owners to show up, once again that certainly isn't happening down here, I can't speak for the Okie boys though, I have no clue what they tell anyone, its not like we have a big conspiracy and everyone keeps in contact.....no one cares about dragging Buick ass THAT much...we just whip you guys for comedy relief. Its like midget bullfighting, always good for a laugh.

Top 4 reasons why my stang is slow and looks like all the other 1,000,000 stangs out there

1. To stupid to tune the car
2. To FAT to fit into the car.
3. To stupid and can't tune my NAAAAWWWWSSSS
4. Not smart enough to make it look different than my buddies slow stang..

Top 4 reasons why my slow stang ass is going to draged down the track this year.

1. Im only 16 and I just go my drivers liensce and I don't know how to drive.
2. Im to stupid and can't do a burn out.
3. Im to stupid and can't launch my car.
4. Im to stupid to drive it striat down the track.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by Bronco Johnny
If you chumps want to talk sh#t to some Mustang owners just get on www.dfwstangs.net and let it fly. Prepare to be owned though....

**Yawn**

Most of us are on here to get away from circle jerk boards like that. Thanks, but no thanks.

As for telling the slow guys not to show, you don't have to tell a slow mustang guy not to race. Their natural flight instinct kicks in when they get see stock buicks running low 12's and their car stays outside in the parking lot. It also gives them more time to root for their Heros and dream of someday owning a 12 second car.

It's great that mustangs can bring 25 cars in the 9's and 10's to the shootout. It's sad that they can't bring even 20 in the 11's and 12's.

If the Rules ever go to "every Buick gets to run", the Ford Camp will be seriously hurting.

Originally posted by Chris McDade
can't tune my NAAAAWWWWSSSS

I don't need to tune my NAAAAWWWWSSSS. My junk makes 500 rwhp at 4400 rpm without it! I wonder what kind of power it makes at 6500 rpm without spray?

I agree with you buick guys on one thing: boost is good!

Why did Lawrence switch to a tt bbc in a camaro? and to Chris Mc Donalds, how many colors of buicks did they make?

Bling Bling, Check out my fly ass Buick!

Dragradialstang, Lawrence Conley switched to a twin turbo V8 Camaro because he wanted to run mid 6's and the fastest a Buick V6 had gone was high 6's.... FYI, Kenny Duttweiler had his twin turbo Stage II Buick V6 powered tube frame Olds running in the 6's @ over 200mph (6.96 @202+mph) before there were any Pro 5.0 Stangs running 6's @ over 200mph so what does that tell you!!! All the Pro 5.0 guys (your heros) like Chuck Samuel that have single turbo V8 Stangs running mid 6's wouldn't be there if our cars and Duttweiler didn't come first and the same goes for Lawrence with his twin turboed Chevy V8 powered Tweaked II Camaro.... Oh BTW, if you don't believe Duttweiler ran in the 6's with a Buick V6 go check out www.draglist.com because you seem to be very ignorant!

Dang you buick guys sure do cry a lot. You guys host the race, we play by your rules and when we show up and whip your ass you just cry and cry and cry like a bunch of babies.

WAAAAAAAAA "you guys tell slow cars not to show up..." WAAAAAA

Top TEN reasons why Buicks are going to be slow this year:

10. Bottle of Geritol got stuck in turbo inlet

9. Pension check didn't come in and driver couldn't afford race gas.

8. Forgot glasses at home and couldn't see to stage correctly.

7. Driver shat pants when he launched to a radical 1.99 60 ft., forgot to wear his depends

6. Colostomy bag was full and it squirted all over the place on the 1-2 shift.

5. Toupee got in driver's eyes.

4. Driver thought he saw his childhood friend Woodrow Wilson walking across the track at the 1000 ft. mark and let out of it.

3. Nursing home staff found out that driver escaped and tackled him in the staging lanes.

2. Driver was confused and never showed up...thought race was on Sunday at a track in Topeka, Kansas.

1. Matlock was on and by god you can't race when Matlock is on!!

Originally posted by 86brick
Dragradialstang, Lawrence Conley switched to a twin turbo V8 Camaro because he wanted to run mid 6's and the fastest a Buick V6 had gone was high 6's.... FYI, Kenny Duttweiler had his twin turbo Stage II Buick V6 powered tube frame Olds running in the 6's @ over 200mph (6.96 @202+mph) before there were any Pro 5.0 Stangs running 6's @ over 200mph so what does that tell you!!! All the Pro 5.0 guys (your heros) like Chuck Samuel that have single turbo V8 Stangs running mid 6's wouldn't be there if our cars and Duttweiler didn't come first and the same goes for Lawrence with his twin turboed Chevy V8 powered Tweaked II Camaro.... Oh BTW, if you don't believe Duttweiler ran in the 6's with a Buick V6 go check out www.draglist.com because you seem to be very ignorant!

Yea well if Henry Ford hadn't invented the Model T....

WHO CARES?