You can type here any text you want

Ok Detectives, here are your clues....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

Today I was bored so I went out to my shop through at least 20 feet of snow to start the cars. They haven't been started since I put them to sleep back in November. Daily started right up. Stage is up on the lift so I didn't even attempt to start it, which brings me to the T-Type. It wouldn't start....or even attempt to start. When I put it away I simply turned if off so nothing has been changed in the last few months.

At first I thought the B2B FAST ECM maybe needed more cranking fuel for this cold weather so I connected the laptop.

First clue...The laptop won't connect to the ECM.

Second clue .... No fuel pump running.

Third clue ... I hooked up a Noid light, no power to the injectors.

Took out my ATS from the up pipe, squirted a little gasoline into it....ran a wire to the fuel pump connector under the hood, pump started then I tried the engine and it started but stopped once the free fuel in the up pipe had been used...couple of seconds.

I can't remove the seat to remove the ECM because the car is crammed in my shop so it'll have to wait till the spring and I can push it outside.

In the mean time.....

I know I stuck a bunch of wires, connectors and I "think" a relay and a fuse holder into the passenger side kick panel when I installed the FAST, but which I can't get at conveniently till said spring so with the above clues is it possible that the fuse in the FAST connector in the kick panel blew? I don't know exactly what this fuse controls. Can't be the whole ECM since I have spark.

I'm not in a hurry since it'll be a few more months till I get to it .... I'm just curious.

One more thing ... Craig if you read this, no I haven't installed your upgrade yet so that isn't involved.

Thanks.

You can remove the ecm from the car you still have spark, as the module still fires from the base timing in the crank and cam sensor controlling it.

Does sound like you have a bad fuse holder or fuse to the ecm, or a loose connection

You can remove the ecm from the car you still have spark, as the module still fires from the base timing in the crank and cam sensor controlling it.

Does sound like you have a bad fuse holder or fuse to the ecm, or a loose connection

I didn't know spark could occur without an ECM.

Thanks.

Check for switched power to the ecm. It's a 3 amp fuse about a foot from the ecm.

Back