Ok, I'm bored and thinkin (dangerous combination)

yes it will help, but the question is how much? i don't think it would help out a lot, not enough to justify the time and effort simply for cooler air. if you like the looks then go for it, i think it would be more astetic than functional.

I had these on the first T-Type I bought. They looked cool.(when done right) Don`t bother. They don`t vent the underhood temps at all. And when it rains, it turns a clean engine compartment into a mess. Much easier to just take the rubber molding off the cowl.

Brian

maybe it would work best if you had those and the GNX fender louvers? :confused:

dont know, just a thought.. i also thought i might be kinda cool to cut the bulge on the hood in the front to give you something like a 'ram air' hood. thought that might be knida nifty...

-Neil

Removing the "weather stripping" may be a bad idea. I haven't experimented with these cars but other cars it can cause overheating problems. Here's why.

As you are tooling on down the road, the windshield is pushing air out of the way. This creates a high pressure area in front of the windshield. Air is also moving from the grille through the radiator and out and back over the motor and under the car. Removing the "weather stripping" (i put it in quotes as thats not its real purpose) allows the high pressure air to force its way under the hood. That means that the air from the radiator and the air from the windshield are colliding at the engine and disrupts the flow of air across the radaitor. This is how a cowl induction hood works, the opening at the back of the hood allows the high pressure air to get forced into the air cleaner (on a properly made/functioning hood).