OK...Turbo Neon AND WRX STI wants to run me

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Boy this is good...not only does the Turbo Neon guy want to run me...but now I am gonna have a race with a new WRX STI...

I was told by one of the friends of the WRX that he has an aftermarket turbo, front mount intercooler, free flowing exhaust, intake, etc. and runs 12.20's

I know these things are AWD and 6-speeds...and are capable of mid 13's maybe low 13's...

my tune is gonna be the same...running slicks, 104 straight unleaded with alcohol, 25 psi and my current street extender chip (23 degrees timing)

should I be safe? or should i go full race mode with my 110 race chip and 112 leaded race fuel with 27 psi...

I always try to race in full race mode, unless it's one of those stoplight wars...Besides everyone thinks STI's are the ****, you should blow him away by as much as possible...Show them the power.

If ya can't go prepared, don't go at all!!

Have your car set on KILL!

Always be prepared to lay down your FULL potential IF need be.

I just saw a video last night of a turbo neon do a pass 12.37 @ 111 mph. I know there is probably only a couple of them out there doing that but I would be prepared and go straight kill mode!

Bone stock STI ran a 13.2 here in hawaii at the tracks a couple weeks ago. Impressive!

Originally posted by d0n_3d

I was told by one of the friends of the WRX that he has an aftermarket turbo, front mount intercooler, free flowing exhaust, intake, etc. and runs 12.20's

I know these things are AWD and 6-speeds...and are capable of mid 13's maybe low 13's...

That is in stock trim--if he has the mods listed--you better be ready.He will be out of the hole and gone faster than..............................say Bryce Drew out of Indiana:)

Geoff

Never race at less than full potential if possible. Remember your car isnt getting out of the hole that great right now. You need all the top end you can get

well i got the neon to run me tomorrow night (wednesday) for sure...we were gonna run tonight but he had excuses...saying he wanted to have a day to tune his car and get his boost up to 20 psi...he asked what kind of car i had and i said "it's just a V6 Buick" he's like is that one of them grand nationals with a turbo? i said well maybe...haha he seemed very scared...asking alot of questions about my car...i just told him it was mostly stock with a few goodies...no big deal, then i asked how much money he was willing to run for and he said "i'll let you know tomorrow after i look at your car"

now i don't know about the STI...that guy could pop up at anytime...i'm calling him out but i didn't get him to show last night...again he doesn't know he is running a GN...

so it looks like i am filling up with 112, popping in my race chip and running about 27 psi with slicks...we'll see what happens...i'll keep ya posted and i will have my video camera with me

Without a doubt you better be set up for 100% potential, especially if it's a street race. He's gonna hook like mad and you might be chasing him down!

I was shocked one day when I saw a standard WRX make a 1.7 60'on street tires back in January. He claimed only to have a computer mod, exhaust, race gas, boost bumped up by 4 pounds and ran a 13.2

If it really is an STI they have 300HP and 300 ft/lbs stock. They will 0-60 4.2 on the stock tires. Tough to beat on the street. If it has that work done high 11's could be easily possible on stock tires.
Mike Licht

I gotta agree with the majority, treat your car to full kill-prep, and save yourself the pain of asking "what if" if you decide to go the cheap route and the STi gets you by a hair. They're defintely impressive little cars with a ton of potential, as are the little Mopars. I'd definitely go RACE trim, if you feel bad about killing them by 10 car lengths, you can always ease off the gas. Good luck and GO BUICKs.

sounds like this STI is gonna be a very close race...yeah i HAVE to go full race mode...don't worry i won't let the buick fans down:D 27 psi should be enough...i ran it before with no knock on 112 octane...boy i need to get ported and polished heads!

I would think it run that on pump gas and street tires. Local goes 12.80 @ 105 with a cat-back exhaust and a K+N. With a FMIC, turbo, injectors and a re-worked ecu, the car is probably capable on high 11's, and with good gas, who knows!

Give'r!!

BT:eek:

Kill, Kill, Kill!!!

Alway race in Kill mode. And remember to make it your race. If you can't hook up from a dead stop the race him from a roll. You should have enough low end tq to take just about anything on the steet.

Again good luck.

Frank

So what happened with the Neon? Did ya geme em heck? A video would be nice too...;)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

unfortunately EVERYBODY was scared of my car! the neon showed up but had every excuse in the book not to run me...i said ok find you weren't worth my time anyways...

the WRX never showed up, and then another guy was calling me out in a late 80's f-bod camaro with a suped up 350 SBC with lots of mods...claims he runs 11.60's on motor and 10.80's on nitrous...he never showed either...i think there's just a bunch of fantasy talkers around here that won't put up or shut up! i showed up with a can of 112 race gas in the trunk and slicks and race chip...nobody wanted any of that i guess:confused:

I don't get it. It's not like you're running for pink slips, is it? Why don't they just play anyway. If they lose, then they have set a goal. I don't care if I'm driving my 73 Beetle, I'm still gonna play just to see the other car run. :D

I was tickled pink one day to run a Viper at the 1/8 mile track. I knew I'd get killed, but it was fun doing it. In fact, I got a strong hole shot and he had to chase me down for a .2 win.

what a bunch of morons.

That is just the way it goes. When my car was running, no one would race me. Now that I have the body off the frame, so people know that I can not race them, they all talk so much poop that I need a jumbo sized shovel to keep up.
What a load of crap. When the car hits the street again, they will all have more excuses.:)