Okay! What is your true and tried recipe for a high to mid 12's sec GN???

Okay Murphster and the rest of the gang,

I read many of your replies at least three times. Tonight, after changing the oil, fuel filter and adjusting my homemade CAI, I went out to experiment for about 2.5 hours.

I played with the T+ trying different settings until finally, I found a setting that did not allow the 3rd yellow stay on the Knock gauge.
According to the intructions for the Extender chip, my timing was set at 21/19...93. So, I took my T+ and my Extender chip charts and tried different things. I tell you what, those 215's do not stand a chance, I was rolling out of the gate then nailing the car, and as soon as it made about 8psi, the tires spun like crazy.

Run after run after run, I found that my car liked: MAF{Base} 15% rich MAF{Wot} 6% richer & SPARK{Base} -2* retarded Spark{Wot} -4* retarded. At this setting the car felt pretty good, especially since I hardly turn the ignition off during this testing/tuning session.:eek: I know she was "heat soaked" but ironically, the temp gauge never got passed 180* and the oil Press stayed at 30-32 idle and 65-70 cruising. Boost gauge flashed 18psi on two instances, but for the most part it was steady at 16psi.

I know that I am leaving some on the table by running 93 oct and using such a rich setting, but at least it's safer. The third yellow flashes, then it quickly goes away. I did hit the red lights on three to four ocassions but each time I quickly lifted on the throttle...so I hope I did not hurt anything.

What do you guys think of my tuning methods?:smile:

Glad to hear you finally got things coming together.
Keep in mind however that the timing changes you make to BASE and WOT are arithmatically added. For example, you have -2 in BASE, and -4 in WOT.
So for base youre chip has moved from 21/19 to 19/17..
And when going into the parameters that Translator recognizes as WOT your timing will then be 15/13.

That's not necesarilly a bad thing, but always keep in mind how the timing settings relate to each other.

Your car seems to like it.

Glad to hear you finally got things coming together.
Keep in mind however that the timing changes you make to BASE and WOT are arithmatically added. For example, you have -2 in BASE, and -4 in WOT.
So for base youre chip has moved from 21/19 to 19/17..
And when going into the parameters that Translator recognizes as WOT your timing will then be 15/13.

That's not necesarilly a bad thing, but always keep in mind how the timing settings relate to each other.

Your car seems to like it.

Crap TurboDave,

In that case, that means that I barely have ANY timing at WOT. On top of that, I added 6% more fuel. Maybe that knock gauge is off, because it was cool last night, I was running on Chevron 93 oct and seeing spike of 18psi.:confused:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought GN's are typically set up by most chip programmers to run 17/15 or 19/17 of timing on pump gas???
Maybe just maybe my car was showing more knock on the gauge (the 4th yellow light) because I kept blasting down the street over and over again and she got "HEAT-SOAK". Now I'm wondering if I can dial in a little more timing both to BASE and WOT when it's cool out again for normal driving (no back-to-back-to-back-to-back runs...you get the picture) :confused:

Let's see...put the spark base dial to 0 "no change" and see what happens!

i finally go to upload my video from BG in 06 where i netted a 12.24 @115 @ 20 psi of boost on pump gas. I had a stock location I/C (v4r) with a stock cam with the 1.65 roller rockers and a big set of ported heads.

The mods i done to the car in 2007 were the ATR knock-off SS headers,RJC mega cooler lunati 200/200 cam, also i finally got a ported lower intake. (this was after i killed a HG and had to pull the engine to inspect everything after 2 yrs of hard running)

http://www.turbomalibu.com/1SloGN/1SloGNbowlinggreen.wmv

Alky takes a few minutes to install and other than a hole in the up pipe only takes a few minutes to take off.

Bone stock id run mid 12s with alky and 235 street tires with a RA 108 chip. This was 10 years ago. This was with the stock turbo at 21 lbs of boost, and I think the timing was around 24-26*. Drove just like a stocker until you laid into it. Anything under 45mph and the 235 tires would light up though. Kinda scary, so I run nitto drag radials full time.