okay... what should I spend $5000 on my car? Need Help, Race?

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I hopefully will be getting 5000 dollars from my mom. I could break her heart and buy a new car and sell the regal, or start to overhaul the car. I repeat MAYBE 5000. I would put 2500 for a rainy day and start saving money for my future needs ie college, moving, ect... So i would spend 2500 yet still being frugal. I had many ideas come into my head. I could....

A. Rebuild and overhaul the current motor, and maybe some exterior bodywork... make it a 12 second car, no other work.

B. Buy a used 109 IC engine from a local TR owner for a few hundred bucks and put that motor in my car, then do the exterior, have one badass IC B4black sleeper. BUT still keep the 83 engine and work on that as well.

C. Do the exterior and interior. Gbodyparts quoted me 2gs for a complete tan interior. But I need some bodywork done on my car such as fillers, paint, door alignment, frame alignment, fixing a few tiny rust patches, a little welding, fabrication, then do some exterior mods to make it look like exsessives car.

Or D. Break my moms heart and buy an impala or another newer t-type...
maybe and 87.....

possible mods for either my 83 engine or an IC engine

Rebuild engine
new crank
pistons
heads
valve grinding and covers
torque plates
transmission
eaton limited slip rear end
4 wheel disc brakes
new turbo
harness
speakers
anything else...

I NEED HELP,

Here are some random pics from a friend i ran into. He has an 87 cutlass salon "cop magnet" that I think had a rocket 350, 4bbl, exhaust, ect. I DIPPED on that car with 155lbs worth of audio equipment in the trunk plus car parts, and I weight 300+ lbs:eek::biggrin:
*Building boost on the foot break DOES WORK WELL*

this would be my 2nd take down:biggrin::biggrin:

1st victim
1991 honda civic stock, cai, 5speed, maybe and inexperienced driver:confused:
1987 Cutlass salon 305 or 350 mallory distributor, ect

Attachments

• 20854920216_ORIG.jpg
    20854920216_ORIG.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 20854920226_ORIG.jpg
    20854920226_ORIG.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 20854920231_ORIG.jpg
    20854920231_ORIG.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 195
  • 20854920246_ORIG.jpg
    20854920246_ORIG.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 195
Correction...B

Then Skull drag the B4B guys with your stock 109 and alky injection...LOL

I dont want to betray my fellow b4b brethren... IC may be alot faster, but we CT guys have heart, and have to make do with the parts we can salvage or obtain that are not POS knockoffs. Plus I would still be left with a b4b engine.

Honestly? Take the time to learn about the way the system works and figure out what you really want to do. Your car is hacked together and needs some serious love, to say the least. Keep readng and following the posts that have been started in the last couple of years. We really will make it to at least the 11's and maybe the 10's if everything works out, and I hope you can be one of us. Just take your time and be patient. It will work out in the end.

I dont want to betray my fellow b4b brethren... IC may be alot faster, but we CT guys have heart, and have to make do with the parts we can salvage or obtain that are not POS knockoffs. Plus I would still be left with a b4b engine.

Jeez you HA guys are sensitive..relax it was a joke. WHy even ask about swapping in a 109 if you are tru to teh B4B brotha hood.

Either way good luck

Jeez you HA guys are sensitive..relax it was a joke. WHy even ask about swapping in a 109 if you are tru to teh B4B brotha hood.

Either way good luck

Well you are USAF after all.:biggrin: We HA or C/T guys are hard core and believe that if we can figure out how to do it then we can kick the IC guys in the nads.:biggrin: It's the earliest design and no one has done anything with it in over 10 years. Now that new tech is out there maybe we can stomp some of you to the ground.:eek::biggrin::cool:

or you can do something really crazy get a buick 455 and put that in. i think a 455 is 300hp stock and 510 ft lbs of torque. put a bigger cam, and a edelbrock intake, some headers that are made for the 455 swap and your set to go. if you want to go all crazy. if you really have your heart set up for fi you can do the conversion over to a 84/85 hot air motor. that was what jase was going to do a while back.

I wouldn't waste my time doing a IC conversion or even a 109 block.. throw a carb Buick V8 in it an call it a day.. Be a LOT less $$$ to throw away in a car your never goin to get back .

oppps !!! Just saw the last post !! TOTALLY AGREE !!!!! save the loot !!:cool:

I dont think anybody has the right idea.

take 1500 bucks and go by a daily driver. like a nice honda.

then take the rest and get a nice place that has a garage you can store your fine buick in.... and take apart and leave apart for unknown lengths of time without being hasseled by the city.

then find a series of glass bottles and smash them over your head until you get the idea of intercooled EFI bull S hit out of your head.

then, when you have a good job with your place that has a garage we can worry about working on the 83.

hows that sound for a real life realistic plan? cause you gotta have somewhere to bring them hoes back to when you pick-em up in that sweet 83? dig what im saying man?

A.j.

I dont think anybody has the right idea.

take 1500 bucks and go by a daily driver. like a nice honda.

then take the rest and get a nice place that has a garage you can store your fine buick in.... and take apart and leave apart for unknown lengths of time without being hasseled by the city.

then find a series of glass bottles and smash them over your head until you get the idea of intercooled EFI bull S hit out of your head.

then, when you have a good job with your place that has a garage we can worry about working on the 83.

hows that sound for a real life realistic plan? cause you gotta have somewhere to bring them hoes back to when you pick-em up in that sweet 83? dig what im saying man?

A.j.

I... (smash) get the.... (smash) point..... (smash).... hombre... (smash)....
the hoes can come kick it back at the (smash) shop with the hooptie and me (maybe Ill let you have one) I was thinking of renting a maxi-space to work on my car. 24 hour access, plus ill get some tools, books, and knowledge.
I dig it Brougham....

SOOOO hows bout this.... get some books, get a space, read for a bit, then get the block rebuilt, and kinda do what adam was doing with his car, but maybe with twin t3's iddunnnooo, I might just sit on it for awile and let it grow... then do some bodywork, then the interior.

SOOOO hows bout this.... get some books, get a space, read for a bit, then get the block rebuilt, and kinda do what adam was doing with his car, but maybe with twin t3's iddunnnooo, I might just sit on it for awile and let it grow... then do some bodywork, then the interior.

now your hitting the right pipe man...... who knows how long the car may be apart for a rebuild ya know? un-forseen things come up... like pregnacys and broken legs....:confused:.......... and sometimes you just dont have the cash to finish it.... I have to admit the reason I have been able to collect a large portion of the parts I have, was from failed projects that HAD to go.... I dont want to see your car endup in the same situation.

always have a ride to get to work.... always have a ride to go to the doctor... case in point.... there is no shame in a beater.

:biggrin:A.j.

keep the car nad the 5 grand...keep the b4b engine, do what the other guys say,....you'll be money ahead of the game

now your hitting the right pipe man...... who knows how long the car may be apart for a rebuild ya know? un-forseen things come up... like pregnacys and broken legs....:confused:.......... and sometimes you just dont have the cash to finish it.... I have to admit the reason I have been able to collect a large portion of the parts I have, was from failed projects that HAD to go.... I dont want to see your car endup in the same situation.

always have a ride to get to work.... always have a ride to go to the doctor... case in point.... there is no shame in a beater.

:biggrin:A.j.

Im telling you... i found a 2006 hyundai sonata for 200 bucks:eek: has a light knock but it should be okay if i run thick weight oil and keep it clean. It could just be a loose journal or an expanded bearing that can be replaced by popping the cylinder out. But i still have to learn to drive a manual transmission:eek:

Yes, I would get a better DD and park that thing in the garage to work on. I went the other way and spent all my money on fixing my Regal up and its still my DD... in other words, I`m broke as hell man!:biggrin:

For $5000, I'll fly out there and do that compression test on the engine.