You can type here any text you want

Old school DFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Put that program in and it should start at least:) And don't hurt your neck with the throttle response, as you never been in a car that responded so well. :eek:

Ok... Cable came today

Program loaded in this laptop.

Two choices come up:

Edit file

Connect to ECM.

I don't know how to load the files that came with the cable into the actual program. Or how to get to another screen.
I've got the manual at the shop which I can go through tomorrow.

My engine is primed and ready for the cam sensor... Fill the rest of the fluids and it's time to see if I can get it running.

Again, thanks for the help!
Scott~

Was that program your talking about on the disk Norbs? if not you'll have to e-mail me the one your speaking of.

That program is only on here as an attachment. You download the program from this site and unzip it to your unvsrl folder located in your calmap directory using winzip, if you dont have it on your computer you can get it free from the web.

To do that you open the file first by doubling clicking the filename and the winzip program opens up. You then highlight the file and then hit the extract button. ANother box pops up and it asks you where you want to extract the file. CLick A" drive icon, with a blank ffloppy in the drive. Then hit the extract button on that window, the disk should run and the light shoould go green on winzip window. CLose winzip now.

On your laptop now running windows click the my computer icon click A drive until you see the file name jireh2. select the file by clicking left click once until its blue, then with the mouse over the selected file right click it and click "copy"

Nothing will happen to your screen. CLose the A drive window and go back to the my computer screen and open the c drive icon until you see all the folders find the calmap folder and click it. FInd the UNVRSL folder and click it and open it up. Place the mouse anywhere in the window of the open folder and right click " paste"

The drive should run and place the file in that folder.

Exit back to the desktop when done.

It is not reccomended to run Calmap through windows. To set up the computer to run in DOS do the following

Go to start in the lower corner go to run type in

sysedit

In the windows that pop up go to the autoexec window and type the following line:

cd\calmap
calmap.exe

close the window wtih the x and save changes restart the computer it should start in dos and run calmap right away.

WIth the igntion on " click" edit ecu" and it should connect. Then you go to global and program all tables from the file, the file should be listed there type it in exactly as it appeears. It should take a few minutes to program as the bar moves across the page. TUrn the key the car should start......

print this page in case you miss a step.

good luck

i

Attachments

Traced wires all over the place this morning.. fun fun fun...

I did run the program in windows but with the entire file open.

It did detect the ecm and was able to connect!

I could not install that file you sent me because of a ecco time out.

but I did save the file that was in the ecm and will send it to you norbs.

The red/white tracer wire was holding me up from getting injector pulse.

Got that figured out now I've got spark and injector pulse.

If the setup inside the ecm is anywhere near close it should run when I put

gas in the tank and hook up the fuel pump.

Anyother suggestions would be great...

I can feel that I'm almost there...

Scott!~

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Well... after springing fuel leaks, too high of fuel pressure problem,

used coil pack and module from someone here on TB awhile ago that had the

coil pack installed backwards. Wiring snafu's ...............

IT's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Once I got the coil pack on right it didn't even turn over one revolution and it

was running great.... Broke in the camshaft filled the coolant... no leaks

anywhere Hooked up the fans from Full throttle.. wow.. they pull some air!

She kept nice and cool.

Turbotimmrs old TE 63 was spinnin with no actuator hooked up..

Throttle responce with 40lbs fuel pressure seems great. I had to install

a new IAC.... but now it idles fine...

Lonnie's 2004R went through all the gears just fine.. .just about came off the

hoist when it shifted each gear :biggrin:

I'm estatic... Tomorrow more cleaning up of wires... final install alot of stuff

bleed brakes, install shifter cable and it could move around on it's own power!!

THanks a ton guys for all the support and help...

I'll have more questions for you when it comes to the actual tuneing but

that'll be after it's done at the interior shop...

Again, Thanks!!!!!!

Scott!!!!

Would this be the same Scott that is the champion of the one and only FASTfest race ever held??? :cool:

BE warned that program is not tuned for over 15 psi, so don't go crazy! Are you using a lm-1? :eek:

Hey~!

Craig... Nice to see you!!! What are you up to these days????

I think I was at that FAST event... :)

I'm still playing with Buicks... Ended up buying that Camaro off the customer I built it for and hope to have it going this year. Wifes car comes first! But it's almost done now so it's my turn :biggrin:

Norbs: All I need to do at this point is have it fire up and move from pont A to point B.... Not even on the road. I've got a appointment at JAX seat covers up in WI so it's got to start,run,move around their shop .. on and off
a trailer ect. When I get it back from them it'll be time for all the interior stuff to be final installed, total cleanup.. .anything else that I didn't get wraped up with the paint done and last will be tuneing.

I do have a Inovative Mtrsports wide band that I've used to tune my Nissan Maxima that is portable and I plan to use that to get it dialed in.

I'll definatly have more questions when it comes to that point. For now I'm happy it fires right up and Idles nice.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!
You gave me hope this system would work I was damn close to
ordering a XFI for it :eek:
~Scott

Well for some added tuning we can connect the lm-1 to the dfi and use it in narrowband emulation mode to do some closed loop correct at WOT. I generallly set it up for 15.0 a/f for cruisng and 11.4 above 4 psi. I am thnkng about making Plug N play kits to do this........

Well that'd be fantastic!!!

I have the Innovate Motorsports style wideband...

Let me know if your going to procede with making somthing... I'd be happy to be the first customer :biggrin:

Thanks again for all your help...

All fuel issues are resolved, brakes done, trans works great.. Broke in the camshaft and all the wires under the hood are prity much complete.
It's a turn key deal now...

Like I said, I'll have more questions when I start to actualy drive it after
the interior is done...

Thanks again,
Scott~

Back