One thing I have noticed about our cars...

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
is that they are NOT girl getters! I swear I have only ran into like 3 girls in my entire life that actually knew about a Grand National. One girl happened to pull up next to me one night at a stoplight in a truck and said "hey I love those cars! I see them all the time at the dragstrip kicking everyone's ass" then she said "That's got the Turbo V6 in it right? those things move!"I was like HUH?! You actually know what a GN is? She said yeah and told me my car was absolutely awesome looking. I said thanks! (should have asked her to marry me because she was GORGEOUS!)

other than that no girl ever knows what kind of car i have...they look at it like what the hell? but i seem to attract every GUY's attention though! my car grabs attention of i would say 95% of guys before girls...

but i guess that is like that with any old muscle car huh? yeah i could get a new trans am or camaro or a mustang and get any girl i want...BLAH

;)

Yeah, when they were new they were BIG chick magnets!

Still, two weeks ago I had a very hot teenage chick in an open Jeep honk at me from two lanes over and yell "I LOVE YOUR CAR!!"! :D:D :D

Yeah, I'm afraid it's true, the turbo Buicks aren't of much use pulling in the women. I went out with one girl a while back that told me my car was "pimp daddy". :rolleyes: I wanted to open the door and roll her out on the friggin street (preferably while the car was moving :) ) Needless to say the conversation went downhill after that. Oh well I've just about given up on American women anyway. Most of them are selfish and spoiled with a "gimme more stuff" attitude that I can't stand. Then as an added bonus after you marry them, they chop off their hair, stop wearing makeup, get fat, lose all their sexuality, and stop giving you any poon (not like you'd want it at that point anyway). I've seen it all happen to my married friends. :rolleyes: Oh well I'm getting off topic here so I'll crawl back under my rock. :D

I agree on the not American girl chick magnet theory.

Back in '87 I had two foxy P.R. babes invite themselves into my brand new WE4 down in New Haven. :)

They had a Monte SS and knew what the Buick was. :cool:

And they were HOT!!!

Carjacking in New Haven could never be that way today. :eek:

Raced a GTA and a Porsche 928 on Whalley Ave. too.

Ahhh the good old days........ ;)

Originally posted by d0n_3d
is that they are NOT girl getters! I swear I have only ran into like 3 girls in my entire life that actually knew about a Grand National. One girl happened to pull up next to me one night at a stoplight in a truck and said "hey I love those cars! I see them all the time at the dragstrip kicking everyone's ass" then she said "That's got the Turbo V6 in it right? those things move!"I was like HUH?! You actually know what a GN is? She said yeah and told me my car was absolutely awesome looking. I said thanks! (should have asked her to marry me because she was GORGEOUS!)

;)

AND YOU DIDN'T!!!! Quite honestly, please tell me you at least asked for a phone number or something. I'm not always a fan of 'lines' to get a girl, but that would have been a heck of a line.

Example...
"You actually know what this car is?? I'm sorry, but could I have your number because I couldn't pass up the chance to talk to a cute girl who has the class and the smarts to know about these cars!! I'll pull over, after the intersection."

Or something like that.. PLEASE!! *SIGH* Flatery.. charm...

I'm just lucky enough to have a good looking girl who was willing to learn about these cars... you had it all set!!

*sob, weep*

Don, you want to find a chick that doesn't care what type of car you have. You want her to have interest in you don't you? Second, the chick that knew what you had would be a good buddy I would imagine. She have grease under her fingernails? Find a chick that doesn't care what you have, and then give her the ride of her life. If she has no fear, then that is a woman for you.

Mark :D

The only girls that know about them have/had a boyfriend that obsessed over them at one point...

Mark F. 87 GN 11.9 @ 115

all girls really car about with cars is:

1. looks nice
2. you keep it clean
3. you are proud of it
4. it has AC

other then that i have found they could really care less about what kinda car i drive.

don if you wanna be mean pick them up for the 1st date in the GN then IF you get a 2nd date pick them up in a beater.... its fun to see the look on their face.

Dathan

Originally posted by Grim Reaper

don if you wanna be mean pick them up for the 1st date in the GN then IF you get a 2nd date pick them up in a beater.... its fun to see the look on their face.

Dathan

yeah that would really prove if they want me just for my car or not...haha...say something like "oh i just sold it yesterday and got this...what do you think?"

:D

Too bad you misses that chance to snag a live one. It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll if your not sharp.:cool:

Yeah, I had this girl, (well 3), in my car one night. We were just going to grab movies and beer. Well, the 2 in back knew about my Turbo cars, mostly because I told them about them. So to them its not a big deal for me to go WOT every now and then, or even (back in the day) go street racing with me. But the girl in the front, which I was kinda dating at the time, didnt really know much about them. Well, we came around a corner and I layed into it. Tires broke loose and such and I ran it to the top of 2nd gear. The girl in front turns to me and says "what, are you compensating for something?":rolleyes: I took this as quite an insult, and fired back at her, "well I guess you wont find out will you?" She didnt take that too well. Im glad shes not around anymore.......most of my GFs have been somewhat cool about my addiction..........and if they werent, they got kicked to the curb. I gotta keep myself sane somehow.......and working on these cars is my medication. Well, sometimes.:D

But yeah, I dont care if my car is not a "chick magnet", cause I like it, and screw everyone else that doesnt! Sorry Im not in a Denali with 24" rims.

I don't think it's just our cars, really. How many older or vintage cars can you think of that chicks would flock to? Maybe some exotics or old Corvette convertables but not much else. But boy you sure can find them hangin' around the late model ricers! Most of them seem to follow the latest trends and prefer newer cars. They aren't really into the cars, there into the scene. Now take a girl that IS into the cars themselves and they are much more likely to appreciate our cars. And isn't that the what you'd rather have anyway?

Hey everyone I was just looking around on this site and came to this post, The only thing that bothered me about it was the sterotyping you assume that just because a girl is female she shouldn't want anything to do with cars.......WRONG!!! My dad is a mechanic so I grew up around cars, I usually helped whnever I could but the one car that I loved working on most was his 70 1/2 Camaro Z-28. Right now my boyfriend and I are in the process of restoring his 81 Cutlass Supreme, I know more about cars than most of the guys that I went to school with. I'm npt trying to sound like a b**ch here but I don't like being sterotyped and I am not just an average girl, I would rather be under a car any day than in front of a mirror putting make up on or curling my hair!!!

Im a luck guy. I met my wife at a car show 22 years ago, and married her. She is still beautiful, in the best shape of her life (5'-1"/107 lbs, ALWAYS dresses and looks sexy, is FANTASTIC in bed and LOVES the GN. She can't wait to open the dump tube and drive it all around:) Se TELLS to get things done to it. She wants the trans done this winter :)
I hit the jackpot

Originally posted by FlyinGN
Im a luck guy. I met my wife at a car show 22 years ago, and married her. She is still beautiful, in the best shape of her life (5'-1"/107 lbs, ALWAYS dresses and looks sexy, is FANTASTIC in bed and LOVES the GN. She can't wait to open the dump tube and drive it all around:) Se TELLS to get things done to it. She wants the trans done this winter :)
I hit the jackpot

You hit the jackpot Frank! Does she have a single sister??? :D

Originally posted by gn85
Too much information Frank.

WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!!

LOL!

maybe it's just because i live in indiana...there's not much up here...this state sucks...i'm sure if i was in south florida or on the west coast i would be picking up chicks by the dozen...ah well i am still young...one day it's gonna happen:D

BBcutty's you are the type of woman that this guy should find. Someone who shares his passions, whatever they are. Your man is a lucky guy for sure. ^5's on being independent enough to do what isn't considered norm..... Mark