You can type here any text you want

One thing I have noticed about our cars...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by d0n_3d
where am i going to start first? i am gonna rip out the motor and tear it apart!!!:D

actually i still cannot figure out why my blms at idle are always pegged out at 160...i just cannot figure out why it runs so rich at idle...cruising around and WOT it's fine

once i get that figured out i think my car will run perfect...or close to it...

If your BLM are pegged, a few things could be the problem. the o2 sensor is controlling the INT in closed loop operation of the ECM.

The INT drives the BLM numbes toward a stoich a/f ratio. If the ecm is in closed loop the o2 sensor will control the INT that drives the BLM numbers up to correct for a "lean" measurement the ECM is reading.

BLMs are controlled by air flow numbers and RPM, thats why you're seeing a normal 128 WOT. It's got to be somewhere on the basic scale that is causing your problem. HTH, Jason

well i get the same readings no matter what o2 sensor i use...whether it be my brand new gnx delco or my new denso sensor...

i am using the ls1 maf sensor and translator with the extender chip...i have the base fuel setting at 10% lean and it STILL pegs out the blms...tried 0% no change and same thing...

i am gonna check around my car soon here and see if i can find out anything...

Hey 2 QK 4 U, where do you drag race locally? Just curious if I've seen you at one of the local drag strips. I'm from the Dayton, Ohio area.

Maybe a crack in the header? I had this problem once before but it was when my MAF went south. Just a suggestion.. ;)

look at the thread in the tech area...this topic is being discussed...i have checked my headers, no cracks to be seen anywhere...

BigBlockOlds, I race at Kil-Kare. I havn't been out that much since I sold my WE4, I've had the 84 Regal out a couple of times this year. I'm currently re-building the motor in my 87GN now, so I'll be out by next season hopefully. Jason

Yeah, havn't heard from the cutty grl lately....hmmm.

And my girl slipped on some noodles I spilled in the kitchen, now she's in the bed with a fractured ankle. I'll try and find that picture here after a bit.

BBcutty's_grl, Glad to hear you're doing good. I think some of the guys are wanting to see a pic............me too kinda, and my g/f too she is bi....:eek:

Well, I like guys and thats it, hopefully I'll get over to my b/f parents house this weekend and post that pic. But we'll see!! I've got a really busy weekend ahead of me.

Probably just hoping that it'll die off and be forgotten about. How 'bout a TTT for ya!

Oh, the disappointment. Weeks have gone by and STILL no pics.:(

And I really thought this thread was going over the top... instead it's swirling around in the toilet bowl of dead threads. :confused:

Like I said I had really busy weekend and just didn't get the chance, I am going to a snowmobile auction on Saturday to get rid of a couple and hopefully pick up a couple more, so hopefully I'll get the chance on Sunday!!! Not to mention my week has not been the greatest on Monday morning of all mornings it had to be Monday the tailgate onmy truck got all smashed to hell, argg long story!!! :mad:

Originally posted by BBcutty's_grl
Like I said I had really busy weekend and just didn't get the chance, I am going to a snowmobile auction on Saturday to get rid of a couple and hopefully pick up a couple more, so hopefully I'll get the chance on Sunday!!! Not to mention my week has not been the greatest on Monday morning of all mornings it had to be Monday the tailgate onmy truck got all smashed to hell, argg long story!!! :mad:

Oh wow... hope you weren't hurt or anything. Sorry to hear that. Don't think I'm trying to get on your case.. just keeping the thread alive. At least 'til those Sunday pix. :) Hope all is well otherwise.:eek:

Yeah I'll see what I can do about the pics. I am fine there is actually quite an interesting story behind it, the wire that hooks up to my starter from the battery has got a bad connection so once in a while my truck doesn't want to start and all you have to do is play with that wire a little bit well it was Monday morning so I had my work clothes on so there was no way in hell that I was crawling under the truck just to have to go change my clothes again when I was already late enough. Well my b/f gets the idea to push start it with his truck so I said twhat the hell I'm in a hurry just get it going so I can get to work well come to find out our bumpers don't line up right and smash goes my tailgate!!! :( My poor poor truck!!! Then once I got it going down the road and hit all of the bumps the connection was back and haven't problems with the crazy thing since!!!

Back