You can type here any text you want

One thing I have noticed about our cars...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
nice car man, i noticed you have the retarded driver mod, how is it workin out for u? Obviously you have no idea, and sorry but Olds Big blocks do not have anywhere near the potential dollar for dollar verses our "little" 6 cylinder. In fact no offense to any olds guys that actually know what they are doing, but for all out performance, the BB olds is not a great platform, of all the GM BBs they are probably the least powerful. Have a nice day

BBCutlass403, I have some SouthSide Lift traction bars for sale, sounds like your going to need them with all that horsepower. I'll even give ya a good deal because you're girlfriend seems pretty cool:p

LOL, the simple reason is because they are V6s???? Heck, most GUYS don't know that it's not a V8 making that type of power. Heck, when guys here this thing pull up to the gas pump they always ask me... so, is that a 350???

You might as well say it's a ricer?? Pretty much everyone I know who doesn't know any better about cars just think it's a redneck Monte Carlo. But I've NEVER had it called a ricer or anything close.

Your g/f does a better job of making friends than you do. Dollar for dollar, you CAN make the same power from these sixs that you are with your V8. Don't get me wrong, I like V8s too... grew up around 'em and drove 'em in high school. But to be honest, if I had to compare this little V6 to a ricer four or a V8 I think there'd be no question.

*puts fighting gear on*

this is about to get ugly...

this guy is the typical V8 knowitall...nothing beats displacement and big blocks attract chicks like magnets!!!:rolleyes:

last time i checked most girls don't even know what the term "big block" means...if the girl is into cars, all they care about is 1. looks...then maybe 2. how fast it is...they don't care what kind of motor it has!

Originally posted by d0n_3d
*puts fighting gear on*

this is about to get ugly...

this guy is the typical V8 knowitall...nothing beats displacement and big blocks attract chicks like magnets!!!:rolleyes:

last time i checked most girls don't even know what the term "big block" means...if the girl is into cars, all they care about is 1. looks...then maybe 2. how fast it is...they don't care what kind of motor it has!

TRU DAT:p

First off, I am not here to make freinds anyone who takes a v-6 to the trck in my eyes is a puusy and can not handle the v-8 second a 403 olds is not a big block there is no such thing as a big block 403. I would race yalls GN's any day, red light to red light you might have somethin but you aint gettin the same top end power as a v-8. just out of curiosity what kind of horespower do you get out of a fully dressed GN. I just bought my car at the beginning of the year and I have not done anything mechanically to it but by spring-time (according to my desktop dyno) I will have close to 600 HP. Anyone who talks bad about an olds v-8 doesn't know enough about them to build them. They are completly diff. from a chevy engine and cant be built the same if you want horsepower.

Originally posted by BBCutlass403
just out of curiosity what kind of horespower do you get out of a fully dressed GN.

Generally around 2-3,000 horsepower :p :D

That is the same reason that my girlfriend (BBCutty's_grl) has turned you all down. She wants HORSEPOWER and you cant get the same kind of horespower out of them v-6's.

Originally posted by BBcutty's_grl
Snistrgn, what on earth are you doing reading cosmo?? I don't even read that!!!:p You go first, but I won't promisr that I will send mine!!!;)

I think that she wants to see Snistrgn's pic..:eek:

First off, I am not here to make freinds anyone who takes a v-6 to the trck in my eyes is a puusy and can not handle the v-8 second a 403 olds is not a big block there is no such thing as a big block 403. I would race yalls GN's any day, red light to red light you might have somethin but you aint gettin the same top end power as a v-8. just out of curiosity what kind of horespower do you get out of a fully dressed GN. I just bought my car at the beginning of the year and I have not done anything mechanically to it but by spring-time (according to my desktop dyno) I will have close to 600 HP. Anyone who talks bad about an olds v-8 doesn't know enough about them to build them. They are completly diff. from a chevy engine and cant be built the same if you want horsepower.

you are saying you will run any GN? that is a very BOLD statement saying that in this community because there's ALOT of guys on this board running 11's, 10's, 9's

dude...the bigger the turbo the harder our cars pull at the top end...even with a STOCK BLOCK guys are running in the high 9's with 700 horsepower to the WHEELS and that is not using some gay desktop dyno...how many V6 powered cars are doing wheelstands at the track like our cars do???

i haven't done ONE SINGLE MOD to my motor itself and i can run high 11's and make 450 horsepower...just imagine the guys on this board that have cam, heads, port and polish jobs, bigger turbos are running??? there's no V6 motor on this planet that can do what our motors do...most V8 guys are too ignorant to give us a second look until it's too late and they get WAXED by a 6 cylinder...

Originally posted by d0n_3d
you are saying you will run any GN? that is a very BOLD statement saying that in this community because there's ALOT of guys on this board running 11's, 10's, 9's

dude...the bigger the turbo the harder our cars pull at the top end...even with a STOCK BLOCK guys are running in the high 9's with 700 horsepower to the WHEELS and that is not using some gay desktop dyno...how many V6 powered cars are doing wheelstands at the track like our cars do???

i haven't done ONE SINGLE MOD to my motor itself and i can run high 11's and make 450 horsepower...just imagine the guys on this board that have cam, heads, port and polish jobs, bigger turbos are running??? there's no V6 motor on this planet that can do what our motors do...most V8 guys are too ignorant to give us a second look until it's too late and they get WAXED by a 6 cylinder...

Amen to that, BBcutty403, my bad i didn't even notice it was a 403, i just saw BB and thought Big Block oh well, now that its not even a Big block, its just oldsmobiles crappy corporate motor, you have to be kidding yourself. I would race you and destroy you from a roll, Buick v6s with a TURBO "key word there" see a hopped up buick turbo v6 was also used in Indy cars in the mid 80s, but I guess those are only good from light to light as well:rolleyes: Stock for stock compared to most sports cars we have great topend until recently with the advent of the better breathing LS1s and 32 valve cobra motors, and trust me your oldsmobile is not known for its topend although it had potential but since it came with the windowed mains it really can't go past 5grand with out blowing up , that makes it a low end motor and not even a very good example of one either. Now once the mods start coming in the Buick will destroy you mod for mod dollar for dollar. Oh and if you wanna see some fast buicks just check out the stage II section of the board, but hey why do that when there are enough stock block cars to run cirvles around your car. Its too bad a nice car has to be owned by such an ignorant driver.

Wow here is some info i found on a site

Quote:Do these simple and low budget modifications and your 2nd generation T/A will be running mid 13's at the strip on pump gas.

My 403 parts list:

403 ci Olds stock bottom end
1968 #5 Olds 350 heads, drilled for 1/2 inch head bolts, milled .015, 3 angle valve job with full port and polish.
110/320 valve springs and stainless steel OEM size valves.
Edelbrock #3711 intake port matched to the heads.
Jet stage 1 Q-jet Carb
Pertronix performance HEI kit.
SSI 214/224@ 472/496 lift cam and performance lifters.
Dynagear double roller timing chain.
2 1/2 inch dual exhaust with Dynomax Ultra-flo mufflers
Richmond 3:42 ring and pinion with kit
B&M Shift kit
I did all work except the head milling and valve job. Total parts cost: $1,661.99:quote

Wow not bad, but all that and hes hoping to hit mid 13s :D Nice set up for the street but not enough to even talk smack to the most lightly modded buicks. I'd love to know what your mods are? don't tell me its gonna have a holley 750 double pumper with mechanical secondaries and that will get you close to 500 hp with the stock manifolds? :rolleyes:

According to desktop dyno my car should be making 600 HP. LMAO!!!!!!!!!! That has got to be the gayest thing I've heard all day! Are you sure you don't drive a Mustang BBCutlass403, cause you sound about as retarted as those Blue oval boys. (in my best Dr. Evil voice) I'll race that P.O.S. Olds of yours For one million dollars! Then if there is anything left I'll take the G.N. off the trailer and give my tow truck a rest and we'll go on the Highway. :eek: Then after all is said and done your girl can ride home with me IN MY LAP!:D

if this site was cool, i would be able to post a picture of
somthing funny with the title "OWNED" at the bottom.

but that is impossable with this boards setup, so ill just say it.

OWNED!!!!!!! :p

Ha! Ha! Thats exactly why I came to this site. Yall have too much confidence not enough nitrous! Cause thats the only way your keepin up with a V-8. All throttle no bottle I will whoop any of your asses. My car is parked for the winter now but come spring time you are all welcome to come to Michigan and try your luck. Yeah your right 9 seconds aint bad its just too bad your runnin 9's in 1/8 of a mile. My Cutlass is runnin 12's with a stock intake and a mild cam. And by the way snistrgn even if you were to whoop me my girl wouldn't ride home with you for the simple fact that she would rather ride in a real mans car. Yall sound just like my neighbor with his svt cobra right up untill I met him on the highway a couple months ago at about 140 mph he had to back off cause he knew he was beat. As far as the top end goes your right I aint got a lot of power there but it is set up for mid-range power and with my 2500 stahl i dont need low range. Once my tires bite back in you aint gonna know what to do. I aint never raced a GN before but I still aint gonna beleive yall till ya step up. In fact I would be willing to get the Cutty out before the snow hits just to shut you pussies up.

Obviously you are a completely misinformed individual, have you ever actaully done research on a GN, 12s is slicks, race gas, a chip fuel pump and adjustable waste gate away on a GN, never lifting a valve cover, a few more mods and your deep in the 12s and still with never lifting a valve cover many have gone 11s. I would love to see you post a timeslip or at least a combo up, because with out nitrous your probably not even in the 13s, oh wait "but... but... the dektop dyno says such and such, thats a bunch of crap, I doubt they even offer the same set up as a choice on desk top dyno. You are extremly lame, calling us pussies when you have a corporate olds motor that has a mild cam and runs 12s, woopti do do you not even read the sigs of the posters here, most of them would make you look like a stock civic. See ya

i was just in michigan today...should have stopped by and raced you;)

are you serious? you must not know anything about GNs...that's ok...somebody is gonna make a lot of money off your stupid @ss:rolleyes:

BRING IT ON FAT BOY!!!!! I think that you are full of sh!t and you are sure as hell blowing smoke up your own a$$es!! If any one of you pussies think that you are man enough or even close to man enough come find me and we will talk then!! You are definitely underestimating what an olds has got, and some day maybe some of you idiots will find that out first hand!!! You ain't dealing with some idiot with regular pump gas and stock gearing and all that other bull**** that you guys are talking about.

I think he done like they did in hot rod mag.He took the doors,hood,deck lid,bumbers,fenders,and gas tank off the car to get it down to about 2600 to 2500 lbs.Then he added a fuel cell,a monster tach,a 14in air cleaner,done all his work on his pc to find out that a 2500 lb car making 300hp maybe could run 12s.

Back