You can type here any text you want

Opinions Needed: Stroker 109 Rod to Block Clearance Issues…

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
cam clearance

we used a smaller base circle cam, to allow more room,

I like Lee's idea of knowing how thick the passage is. That way, you can get the clearance you need without worrying about being too thin.

The S1 block in my previous post, there was no way of avoiding breaking into the oil passage. The brass tube was the best alternative short of going with an external oiling system.

I found the right size brass tube at McMaster Carr and bought an adjustable blade type reamer to enlarge the passage. The ID of the tube ended up larger than the original passage in the block. It took some time, reaming and measuring to get the right press fit.......and I make a special driver to drive the tube into place.

I also took a carbide ball-end mill on a 6" shank and radiused the inside corner of the 90 degree turn in the block. This helps the oil "make the turn" and helps reduce turbulence and cavitation in the pickup passage. This trick will work on any stock oil pump pickup passage.

Back