You can type here any text you want

Opinions Please, Doing 17" Front, 18" Rears, Problem w/ Vendor!! ARGH

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8UWITH6

Keepin' The Shiny Side Up
Alright, first let me start off by getting something off my chest.........

COY'S WHEELS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, heres what I had planned. I called Coy's June 9th, and ordered the following.

17x8", 4" BS, 5 on 4 3/4, front C-5s, grey spoke, machined lips

18x9.5", 5" BS, 5 on 4 3/4, rear C-5s, grey spoke, machined lips

(One of my buddys will be painting the grey spokes BLACK to match the car with Base/Clear was the plan)

They told me they would be in stock on June 15th, or June 28th at the latest. Ive called FOUR times since the 9th, and every time I call they act like they dont know who I am!!! They have my order, my information, AND my credit card number. So, finally I just reemed this guy. He gets testy with me, proceeds to make up this huge story about shipments on hold and such, and that they probably wont see the wheels in stock until mid July. Meanwhile, I sold my GTA wheels and my GN is sitting on stands in the garage because this yayhoo said that my new wheels would be in mid June. They are THEIR WHEELS! WHY CANT THEY ORDER THEIR OWN WHEELS?!?!?!

Anyway, it looks like Im out of luck. I cant have my car on stands for that long. I wanted you guys to give me your opinons. I got a decent price on American Racing TTIIs. However, I really had my heart set on these Coys. Ive had TTIIs before, and was really looking forward to the Machined lip, Black spoke Coys. Oh yeah, TTIIs only come in 18x10s vs 9.5s on the Coys. I have 275/40ZR18 tires, and Im worried they will stretch too much on the 10" wheel vs the 9" wheel. What do you guys think? Also, what about having the TTIIs (polished aluminum) painted black? Man Im just so stuck right now.

Price difference, Coys 950 shipped, AR TTIIs 1100 shipped. Should I wait? Any other opinions? Will a 10" wheel fit under a stock GN? THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some guys can fit 10" rears with no problems, most can't. If you order 10" wheels, only do so if you are fully prepared to notch or roll, otherwise you'll find your GN sitting on stands even longer because you can't get the wheels to fit.

Everyone runs TT2s, I think it would be nice to have something a bit different, and for less money. June is almost over, maybe try asking them for a 100% date on when they will have your wheels, and judge if you could wait that long. If they won't give you a date, call your credit card company and tell them you are disputing your transaction with this company. Then you can let your credit card company deal with them.

Ive got 6" of clearance from drum (where wheel mounts) to the closest part of the frame/inner wheel wells on both sides of the car. Its also pretty centered in terms of the rear axle, and the body on the frame. The car sits up nicely in the back, and the 275/40ZR18s that I will be running advertise 26.7" tall, and I have airbags if I need to keep the outer edge of the tires off of the wheel lips.............

Wait it out Kneil-
You will always be pissed you purchased the TTII's instead of the Coys for the next few years.
Just wait till mid July if thats how long it will take to get them.

Now go crawl under the car and start detailing the undercarraige :tongue:

If you want to BORROW my wheels...

PS

YOUR CAR LOOKS LIKE A WE4

BW

KISS MY ASS BRYAN! HAHA

(The reason he says my car looks like a WE4......... Ive got my dads ttype wheels on my GN) :(

I cant crawl under my car, theres no beer down there! Its in the fridge here in the hizzy!

more

i have been working on my car for ever now...in the Beginning to make it look as clean as yours...wow have i learned what a lot of work it is to make ones car unique ....so wait it out, its not like you drive it alot...like brian said....you as we all know will be a bitch to deal with if you dont have your car how you want it...

Those kinds of things happen when you sell your soul and do your manufacturing in China/Indonesia/Hungary. They'll only ship when they have a full container ordered and paid for. I have audited factories in all those places except Hungary, and this stuff is going on every day.

They increase their profit margin by 2X, but the price remains the same.

Vote with your wallet.

Jim

DeltaT said:
Those kinds of things happen when you sell your soul and do your manufacturing in China/Indonesia/Hungary. They'll only ship when they have a full container ordered and paid for.

Jim

Thats the story Im getting. They are still jacking me around............ :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hate to burst your bubble, but I'd be very surprised if you get those wheels to fit w/o running a spacer and having them stick out. I have 17x9.5 rears but have the 4.75 bs. With a 5" bs They'd probably rub, it's that close.

bishir said:
Hate to burst your bubble, but I'd be very surprised if you get those wheels to fit w/o running a spacer and having them stick out. I have 17x9.5 rears but have the 4.75 bs. With a 5" bs They'd probably rub, it's that close.

Im planning on running a 1/4" spacer on the rear worst case. But I have alum drums on the rear, so that may help. And I measured from drum/wheel mount to closest part of the inner fenderwell and it should work.......... we will find out.

Dont worry, you didnt burst any bubbles :D

8UWITH6 said:
Im planning on running a 1/4" spacer on the rear worst case. But I have alum drums on the rear, so that may help. And I measured from drum/wheel mount to closest part of the inner fenderwell and it should work.......... we will find out.

Dont worry, you didnt burst any bubbles :D

Yeah, those drums will help. In fact with those drums it may be as close as mine with the 4.75 BS. I just wonder how much/ if any it will stick out past the quarter panel.

I have 10" rims in the rear....5"BS. No rub. ;)
275 60 15 MTs radials
Little rolling of the fender. Maybe not even needed?

Here is a TEASER PICTURE. I got the fronts Monday. Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions are on the front, 245/45R17s. Hopefully I should have the 18x9.5s in a couple of weeks for the rear............. :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC00364.JPG
    DSC00364.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 862
Damn, looks very nice. Makes me jealous, my wheels have a lame 2" lip in front. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Yeah, I cant wait to see the dish on the rears........I also really like the 1 piece wheel, makes them look BIGGER :) Oh, where are the valve stems? haha

Anyone see the limited in the reflection from the GN?

Id like to see more pics of that :biggrin:

BW

Back