You can type here any text you want

Opinions Please, Doing 17" Front, 18" Rears, Problem w/ Vendor!! ARGH

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thread Jacker! LOL. Its not very pretty right now, no motorvation! :)

Wow I was so distracted by your picture the last time you posted I didn't notice you said the rears were gunna take a few MORE weeks? Wheels look great but I'd still be mighty upset.

Still waiting......... was hoping to have them by the end of this week, looks like they wont arrive to them for another week!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm waiting too... I had thought about doing the 18s in the rear, but the limited choice of DRs left me with 17s. So I want to see what it turns out like on your car. Then maybe someone will buy the 17x9.5 rears from me and I'll go to 18x9.5 :cool:

August 24th............. still no rear wheels! :mad: Talked to these guys last friday. They say, "yes, I have 18x9.5" w/ 5" BS in stock polished. They are blank and need drilled for 5 on 4.75" Bolt, but that should be done Saturday or Monday and shipped Tuesday, to you by Friday or Monday." I called today, they have not been shipped, or let alone drilled. WTF!!! Oh, and they billed me for the rears last friday........ Hopefully by September I should have the rear wheels on the car........ god Ive wasted a whole summer. They are just taking ALL the fun out of getting a new set of rims on my baby. :mad:

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS......... they just string you along........ :rolleyes:

She seems to sit a little lower than stock in front....... saggy springs?

I feel ur pain man! I am dealing with the same sh*t from Weld, I just dont understand why it takes so damn long but just try to be patient and tell yourself how cool it will look when you do get them

Joshua

They Are Here

Here they are. I dont know what else to say but screw this company. They are a bunch of flaming *******s that bull**** their way through the day and dont give a rats ass about their customers. My wheels are fixable, but its going to take some work. Ill include a picture of the burrs left on the lug nut holes from the wheels being drilled and not cleaned up properly. Also, the polished finish is dull compared to the fronts. They didnt offer anything to me except to return them and either have them fixed/polished or to wait on a new pair. (3 months probably). Its been a horrible day, and they made me so angry on the phone I couldnt see straight. No more needs to be said. Their customer service is non-existant, and they put the blame on their customers for screw ups. In any event guys, here they are..............................and through the months, although they have taken half of the fun out of this.............I am happy with the way my car looks............ DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PRICKS! :mad:

PS-Even after asking them 3 times, they still didnt send me any freakin lug nuts.

Attachments

• DSC00391.JPG
    DSC00391.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 541
  • DSC00405.JPG
    DSC00405.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 527
  • DSC00412.JPG
    DSC00412.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 518
  • DSC00416.JPG
    DSC00416.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 511
Oh yeah, by the way, clearance in the rear is TIGHT. Cant get my pinky finger between the back of the frame and the tire ;)

Attachments

• DSC00415.JPG
    DSC00415.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 603
End result looks good but that sounds like one nightmare of a company to deal with. Glad that you at least got them finally though.

8UWITH6 said:
Oh yeah, by the way, clearance in the rear is TIGHT. Cant get my pinky finger between the back of the frame and the tire ;)

Tried to tell ya 4.75" ;) Looks killer though, I wish I'd of done the 18" on the rear too.

turbo2nr said:
I have 10" rims in the rear....5"BS. No rub. ;)
275 60 15 MTs radials
Little rolling of the fender. Maybe not even needed?

I have Aluminum drums also. Never thought it made a difference? Guess so?

bishir said:
Tried to tell ya 4.75" ;) Looks killer though, I wish I'd of done the 18" on the rear too.

Didnt have the option. 5" or 5.5"!!! Gonna clean her up tomorrow, more pics to come!!!

Neil,
Looks great! If I were you I'd run a tiny spacer in the rear and roll the fenderwell, just to make room for the tire flex when cornering. I cant believe you got a 10" rim back there! I have 18x9.5" simmons F-series on 295/35/ZR18s in the rear and its tight tight tight! Looks great bro!

Hey Gino! Wow, LONG TIME! I just got back from its first "long drive". I drove it about 15 miles round trip up to work and back today with my GF. I dont see anything hitting, I dont hear anything, looks like Im good to go! I have some ideas for the frame if I need to mess with it though. You know, with the HR bar and boxed uppers and lowers, that rear axle really doesnt move around much at all. I am considering putting the front bar back on that would help it from moving around even more. In any event, MAN AM I GETTING SOME LOOKS!!! I miss driving this car so much, shes been sitting since June 9th! :rolleyes: Time to DRIVE IT!!!!!!!!!! MORE PICS TODAY!

One of my favorite shots.............

Attachments

• DSC00423.JPG
    DSC00423.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 250
Are you happy with the wheels now that all the sh1t is months back.

did you ever paint them.

are your wheels polished or chrome.

any problems with valve stems

would you buy them again if they can get it right and a timely manner

thanks ,just trying to decide what I want :D

Im happy with the wheels for the most part. I still have not fixed the burrs on the rear wheels. I am not happy with the polish on the rears. Fronts are fine. Other than ****ty customer service, and them ruining last summer, yes, I like them. Valve stems are fine. Good luck if you decide to go with them. Just for fun mention hey, I heard on a Buick Message Board that a guy had a lot of problems with your company, thats not going to happen to me is it!:eek:

Back