You can type here any text you want

opinions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
I like this too. I have a regal front clip that I have thought of doing this with. Several years ago I saw this done. A guy in Bristol Tn had done it and I think he fabbed the doors of the camino as well. There might be a reason for that. Possibly the regal doors won't fit everywhere else??? He had swapped the interior and everything and had the gn wheels. Looked like it came off the production line like that.. Sorry I can't help but it is a great idea that GM should have thought of back then.

ElCamino's are short nose cars like the 78-80 everything and 81-84 4drs and wagons. The door to fender mating is different, I don't know if the back side of the Regal doors would match the Elky quarters but the front would be needed to make it match the Regal front clip.

What about the frame of the car? Does anyone know if the Elky frame and a Regal frame are interchangable? I have a sweet boxed and notched frame and a buddy with an Elky. The two belong together. :p

as long as the regal doors(hood ,fenders) fit, i can blend the body line on the elky quaters to the regal doors.....a truck is what i need:p

I talked to a guy years ago that had done this. He was still finishing it up. He put the GN nose and doors on a Camino. He just had his buddy who was a body man continue the body line from the Regal doors into the rear quarters, and instead of bringing it the whole length of the quarter, he just turned it up right after the doors, and it ended at the 1/4 glass. If this is the case, then it would be alot easier than modifying the GN hood to fit the fenders, and modifying the header and fenders to match. I haven't tried it myself (yet), so I can't say for sure, but that is what I was told.

What about the frame of the car? Does anyone know if the Elky frame and a Regal frame are interchangable? I have a sweet boxed and notched frame and a buddy with an Elky. The two belong together. :p

frame should be identical.

No. The El Camino has a longer wheel base and frame.

if the wheel base is different your hosed. If its only the frame thats long you can potentially make it work, I've seen someone put a Chevelle on a Elky frame but they had to alter the rear frame horns and I think mess with the rear body mounts.

I heard that most guys take the front fenders from a GN, and the Elco, and graft them together in the middle of the wheel well opening? This allows you to run the GN hood and front clips, while not changing the body lines down the side of the car. This may not be accurate though.

I heard that most guys take the front fenders from a GN, and the Elco, and graft them together in the middle of the wheel well opening? This allows you to run the GN hood and front clips, while not changing the body lines down the side of the car. This may not be accurate though.

thats what happened here(to the elky in the pics)......it would be alot easier to bolt on if it can....im no welder and want to do this myself....going to practice welding then...:eek:

Back