Outlaw radial build part 3...

And you're the black sheep with the regal. Nice to be different.

Anybody running alky like my friend's car? Ever seen a build like that without an intercooler? That's the only thing that's cool about it, to me.

Yes, it's very common to see F3's with alky or turbo's with alky.

Yes, it's very common to see F3's with alky or turbo's with alky.

Yep David Reese and Dave Hinzman are two Mustangs that come to mind with F3's on alky. Tony Ridenour has that setup in his 4th gen Camaro.

Seeing a G-body at one of these races really is refreshing cause at some point it seems like everyone at the track either has a Mustang or an F-body.

Yep David Reese and Dave Hinzman are two Mustangs that come to mind with F3's on alky. Tony Ridenour has that setup in his 4th gen Camaro.

Seeing a G-body at one of these races really is refreshing cause at some point it seems like everyone at the track either has a Mustang or an F-body.

It's real common to see the blower cars with alky. Most of them were n2o motors so they just keep the same motor with 14.0-1 compression and bolt the blower and alky system on with a cam swap. Ridenhour made this swap and went from 4.90's at 150 to 4.60's at 164+

I really didn't think many people were running alky injection. Sorry to hijack your thread.

A little progress.

Big thanks to Todd Humphries for the help. He welded all the steel and aluminum tubing and fitted a ton of it while I was working. We basically fit the turbo and intercooler where I wanted it, figured out the whole layout and he went to town on the aluminum.

newsetupIMG_0004.jpg

newsetupIMG_0006.jpg

newsetupIMG_0005.jpg

newsetupIMG_0003.jpg

newsetupIMG_0002_1.jpg

Wow, very clean fabrication!!! Looks extremely clean and well done! Good job Dusty.:cool:

The welds look great. I assume that's what you mean by "going to town". :biggrin: :eek:

Yep. I came back the next morning and he had the charge tube from the turbo to the firewall completed.

We're both picky about how things look so it took a few more days. Hoses are meant to be hidden by the seat. .120 wall tubing at the end of each pipe where the hose clamp will ride. The right gap and curve in the pipes running across the floor....I didn't want 2 hoses between the throttle body and the firewall so he welded some .120 tubing to throttle body so we only had to use 1 hose. Just lots of small details that I'll notice but no one else will:D

Dusty wow i cant believe my eyes :eek: is that a biggg block chevy motor how big i tryed calling you no answer.Take care.

I've got a couple GN's at the house for some work so I pushed mine to the back of the line...

Dusty... Once you start doing that you may never get back around to working on your own vehicle!! Trust me... :rolleyes:

Anyways... I need to call you on another converter, BTW!!

K.