Outlaw radial build part 3...

I see you answer everyone but me .. what up with that..??:eek:

I take it this will not be street driven any more?

I got serious and took the windsheild wipers off:biggrin:

It didn't see a lot of street driving last year. I'd put the boys in it and run to the store for ice cream or something. Maybe 4 miles so I can still do that. I'm gonna keep the tag and insurance on it but the front mount cell will limit driving more than anything.

Next week is spring break so I won't get to do much to it but I'll have the block heads and mock-up headers on it soon. I hope to move quickly with it but there's no way it'll be ready by BG.

Dusty,

You should get your fg bumpers "painted" chrome. I've seen some pictures and that stuff just looks trick. You know? it's the 2 stage paint they're doing that's like xmas ornaments.

Would make that car look sickly stock besides the wheels and tires.

Can't wait to see what the new combo looks like.

So.. did your billet vs cast turbo comparison turbos have the same turbine side?

Dusty,

You should get your fg bumpers "painted" chrome. I've seen some pictures and that stuff just looks trick. You know? it's the 2 stage paint they're doing that's like xmas ornaments.

Would make that car look sickly stock besides the wheels and tires.

Can't wait to see what the new combo looks like.

So.. did your billet vs cast turbo comparison turbos have the same turbine side?

I have thought of the chrome paint and wondered how it really looked in person.

The turbo comparison were identical units. One with a cast wheel, the other with billet. The cast averaged 2# more back pressure in high gear. 58#-60# so I called it a wash. The car ran the same et and mph with the same tune-up.

I'd love to see more pictures. Looks great!

I'll have more pics soon. Not much else going on right now. I'll have the engine in soon with heads and headers and will be moving the intercooler to the back seat area. Trying to clean the engine bay up now by relocating the XFI system so the harness passes through the firewall behind the engine.

That is exactly the setup I've been contemplating for my car - turbo front and center behind the grill running through a PT2000 intercooler. One hurdle in my head has been how to do the radiator(s) - never thought about using the intercooler box water. Wouldn't this cause the intercooler to loose efficiency? Have you done any fabricating on headers yet?

That is exactly the setup I've been contemplating for my car - turbo front and center behind the grill running through a PT2000 intercooler. One hurdle in my head has been how to do the radiator(s) - never thought about using the intercooler box water. Wouldn't this cause the intercooler to loose efficiency? Have you done any fabricating on headers yet?

With the larger PT series coolers with the -16 or -20 feed lines you run a large pump like the Rule 3000 or the Meziere 55gpm pumps. You run through the cooler 1st so it sees the coolest water then on to the engine before going back to the tank. You run a larger water tank like 7 gallon. I'm converting my 10 gallon cell over for water. Since your only putting a lot of demand on the cooler for 7-9 seconds it won't see much temp rise.

Headers will be here soon. I'm working with another shop on them so I may not have to build my headers if everything works out. I should have pics next week.

Dusty was that your car I saw in the ORSCA finals against an orange Mustang?

I caught it on Horsepower TV over the weekend.

Dusty was that your car I saw in the ORSCA finals against an orange Mustang?

I caught it on Horsepower TV over the weekend.

Yes, that was me. I missed the show but heard about it.

That was Steve Jackson who won the points championship. We had a great time running with him all year. That was the 1st time he lost in the finals and at his home track to boot. He had not been as fast as I had been at that race so I knew I had a good chance of beating him. Track was cold and tricky and he never found the tune-up for it. I could see his car shooting flames from the pass side header and I thought it was loading up with fuel. When we left I never saw him even after I had to peddle it. As I crossed the finish line and lifted I saw him pull up next to me pouring the smoke out. Track clean up took a while. Turns out he dropped a valve during the burnout.

I saw that show. Good to see the Regal whoopin on a Mustang.

But on Steves side , it would be hard to get the tune up set when hes ran 2 different motors , with different power adders during the season.

I saw that show. Good to see the Regal whoopin on a Mustang.

But on Steves side , it would be hard to get the tune up set when hes ran 2 different motors , with different power adders during the season.

No doubt. Hats off to Steve. I got nothing but respect for him and his crew. We became good freinds with them this year. Nobody wants to win more than them. That's why I knew if I spun I'd have to peddle quickly because he was gonna run me regardless. They had a long run of luck all year. He broke the ring and pinion in Montgomery at the finish line......how the hell do you do that:biggrin: He had the gears swapped in 30 min for the finals.....who else can do that??? He managed to get the bearing off the old pinion and froze the new pinion with a Co2 extinguisher so the bearing would slide on.

He ran well last couple years with the n20 motor. He gave Stack all he wanted 2 years ago in Peidmont. He showed up with the F2 blower this year and went 5.0's early in the year. Went on to go 4.90's and blew the motor. When he showed up at Valdosta with the n20 motor everybody thought he'd be easy picking but most forgot he was a n2o racer long before the blower combo. He went 4.90's with the n2o motor and won that race. He knows his car better than most. If you saw him changing jets on the nitrous motor, he also changed the weight on the nose. He knew what weight needed to be where for how much power he put to the motor.

His best pass at Carolina was a 5.11 on the cold track. Usually he's best on the slick tracks but for some reason, he never got a hold of it. I'll miss racing him this year. He's put the 139mm F3 on with the 315's and moved to Limited Street.

Installed new block with 1/4 aluminum front and mid plates. Heads and headers are next.

Attachments

• dartIMG_0001.jpg
    dartIMG_0001.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,773
Im wondering if anyone took the lucky flip flop out of the car..First trashing the motor and then the car ?

BTW the new stuff is looking great.. Look like you may have your new combo done before and shaken down.. I can get a clean pass out of my turd.. Sent you a PM

Im wondering if anyone took the lucky flip flop out of the car..First trashing the motor and then the car ?

BTW the new stuff is looking great.. Look like you may have your new combo done before and shaken down.. I can get a clean pass out of my turd.. Sent you a PM

When we made the turn off we both jumped out of our cars to get his hood off. Once we saw there was no fire I told him I tossed the lucky flip flop back behind his seat and thanked him for letting me borrow it. He told me he was going to have it welded in a box to the roll cage so that won't happen again.

So this motor you are building now is to stay competitive in that same class?

Yes. To be more reliable at the 1700-1800hp level and to make over 2000 for the outlaw radial stuff. We're seeing cars going 4.60's at 164-168 now which is easily 2500. I'm looking to go low 4.80's and be somewhat competitive but mainly to keep a motor together for a year rather than the 20 passes I was getting from the Little M block. This block is much stronger then the Little M I was using so looking to reduce up-keep $$$