Owners with GT6152's combo's and times please.

my car with a 1/8 of a tank of gas is 3468 this is without me in the car. i still have the spare tire and jack stuff in the car. i have recently installed the alum brake drums

Im sticking with my TE-44 for now until I maximize its potential.Maybe ditch my 009 injector's for 60's.I may just upgrade my converter to a Vigilante 3200 9.5 single disc L/U converter.Also put back a PTE .63 EXH Housing on.One thing about the bigger Turbo's is that when going up in size from a TE-44,TE-60 or the 6152 engine's do seem to get broken,cracked or blown up.;)

I doubt buttonfly's converter was actually stalling at 3200. He stated it was very loose. He's changing to whats normally a 2800 stall converter that may actually stall at 3200 on his combo. Thats why you usually get free restalls on converters.... sometimes they can be off for given combos.

As far as your combo, I would get the current combo working good before I upgrade the turbo. Maybe you need a smaller 3200 staller converter to spool the TE44 on your combo, who knows. If you upgrade the turbo and get a converter and it still doesn't spool right, you're right back where you are and the car might run slower. Tuned right, your car should run mid 11's easy and probably run low 11's with your combo. If you can't spool the TE44 like crazy, its probably only going to get worse if you upgrade the turbo.

Actually I just installed the restalled PTC. It stalls right at 2900, and though I don't have any track time yet I can tell a huge difference. It feels like a different car. I love it. I agree on the te44, that thing will spool just fine on a stock converter, but with a stall that thing should be instant. Hey Murph keeps us posted on that combo of your, 11.5's on 15psi:eek: that thing should be a handful!!

I just ordered a 6152, have the stock intercooler with the opened up neck, 3200 stall, TT Chip, alky, rebuilt the motor with Diamond pistons, roller rockers and rebuilt the trans as well. 60 lbs. injectors and 100lb valve springs. I upgraded from a TA49. Given everything and my stock intercooler I shouldn't have any issues with this turbo, right?

I don't see many guys posting times with the 6152.Maybe there are alot of tuning issues or its a newer Turbo.Isn't the 6152 the same Turbo as the GT-61:confused:

I just ordered a 6152, have the stock intercooler with the opened up neck, 3200 stall, TT Chip, alky, rebuilt the motor with Diamond pistons, roller rockers and rebuilt the trans as well. 60 lbs. injectors and 100lb valve springs. I upgraded from a TA49. Given everything and my stock intercooler I shouldn't have any issues with this turbo, right?

Shouldn't be a problem at all. I'm running a stock long block with an old school Cartek front mount and a 3200 stall converter, spools instantly and pulls very hard.

Pat

I have the heads for the 6152 but the stock Cam has me staying away from switching Turbo's.I don't think you will get anywhere near the full potential out of the 6152 until you get Race heads and a Cam.Of course you could always buy the Turbo first.Alot of people think that the TE-44 is to small for my combination.I never ran it at the track but if it runs 11's then its still fast.One thing I have learned is going bigger with Turbo's isnt always better.Most of the Turbo's over a size 61 are proned to cause excessive damage if not tuned correctly.I don't know about how the low end power is on a 6152 but it seems to really haul when matched with the other parts.I think it might feel a little laggy even with a 3200 LU converter.Lag on a primarily driven street car is deppressing.:frown:

I don't see many guys posting times with the 6152.Maybe there are alot of tuning issues or its a newer Turbo.Isn't the 6152 the same Turbo as the GT-61:confused:

From reading here, yes its the same turbo. Most of the posts on this thread people are using the gt-61 and a 6152 and getting low 11s and high 10s when dialed in perfect.

BW

When I rebuilt the motor, I didn't girdle it (everyone was sold out at the time), but we did put port the stock heads and installed a 210/215 roller cam.

Will this help?

New best time with the 6152e turbo!

11.824 @117.18mph... 1.82 60ft. and 21-22psi. Still using street tires and stock intercooler! This was my first pass in the 11's... and i still havent really done anything to tune the car!

Thats pretty good on 93 octane.A 3400 converter is a little more then I thought the 6152 needed.What Turbo did you have before this Turbo?? I want to make sure that the 6152 has a substantial power increase compared to the TE-44 which almost everyone has been in the 11's with.

Just to update my car has gone 7.03@96 MPH in the 1/8th at 30 psi.

Stock long block, gt6152, Precision FM, 93 octane and alky.

Thats pretty good on 93 octane.A 3400 converter is a little more then I thought the 6152 needed.What Turbo did you have before this Turbo?? I want to make sure that the 6152 has a substantial power increase compared to the TE-44 which almost everyone has been in the 11's with.

i got the 3400 stall because my choices for a L/U were around 2800 and 3400 and i already had a 26-2800 in the car before and it was too laggy for my tastes. i got a 1.8 60ft. on 225 street tires and launching on 9-10" of vacuum, much better with the 2.0+'s i was getting with the old converter! the turbo before this one was a stocker but i never really ran the stocker down the track.

i got the 3400 stall because my choices for a L/U were around 2800 and 3400 and i already had a 26-2800 in the car before and it was too laggy for my tastes. i got a 1.8 60ft. on 225 street tires and launching on 9-10" of vacuum, much better with the 2.0+'s i was getting with the old converter! the turbo before this one was a stocker but i never really ran the stocker down the track.

Yeah lag on a daily driver makes the car feel like a real V-6 at times.If I get the 6152 I would probably opt for a 3400 too.Does it spool anywhere near like the stock Turbo did on the stock converter?? I like snappier Turbo's for the street unlike say a TE45.:cool:

well i have a 9x11 3200 stall in my car and it spools the GT61-52 up like it crazy. i'm thinkin about having the convertor tighten up some so it don't hit the tires as hard in the street. my best for true pump gas with no alky is a 7.83 @90 mph with a 1.80 60ft on street tires. this was acheived @ 15psi of boost.

Yeah lag on a daily driver makes the car feel like a real V-6 at times.If I get the 6152 I would probably opt for a 3400 too.Does it spool anywhere near like the stock Turbo did on the stock converter?? I like snappier Turbo's for the street unlike say a TE45.:cool:

i would say it spools very, very well! my tires would have to agree as well:cool: no matter what speed i punch the car on the street, whether its 5mph or 35-40mph...sometimes even higher, the tires will spin!

well i have a 9x11 3200 stall in my car and it spools the GT61-52 up like it crazy. i'm thinkin about having the convertor tighten up some so it don't hit the tires as hard in the street. my best for true pump gas with no alky is a 7.83 @90 mph with a 1.80 60ft on street tires. this was acheived @ 15psi of boost.

Do you have ported heads and what intercooler?