You can type here any text you want

Part #'s For MOOG Lowering Springs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
What are the part numbers for the front & rear MOOG lowering springs?

How far do they usually drop the car without cutting them? I'm looking for a 2" drop in the front & a 1" drop in the rear.

Are these springs equivalent or better than the lowering springs that Eibach offers?

I plan to install these springs in a '78 Malibu 2-door with a small block up front.

Thank you
~JM~

For the front, Moog 5660 is about 1/2" lower and is 598 #/in, and 5658 is about 1" lower and 579 #/in (stock is 421#/in, so they are a bit stiffer).
For a 2" drop. I would recommend 5658 with an inch cut off, will be about 626 #/in, kinda stiff but you'll need it if its that low.

For the rear, 6319 will be about 3/4" drop and 5401 will about 1-1/4" lower.

What are the part numbers for the front & rear MOOG lowering springs?

How far do they usually drop the car without cutting them? I'm looking for a 2" drop in the front & a 1" drop in the rear.

Are these springs equivalent or better than the lowering springs that Eibach offers?

I plan to install these springs in a '78 Malibu 2-door with a small block up front.

Thank you
~JM~

I would use the 5658s and don't cut them.

I would use the 5658s and don't cut them.

He's right, going back over my notes, those drops quoted earlier for the front were in installed heigth, fender height will be almost double that due to the A-arm geometry. So 5660 is about an inch lower and 5658 is about 2" lower at the fender.

I tried the #5658's and only got about an 1/2" drop. I ended up cutting a little more than an 1/2 coil to get the 2" drop. Seems everyone gets different results. Be ready to put them on a couple times to get the frontend height your looking for.

With the coils cut the suspension worked well, just a little stiff for street driving...

Back