People running 100% E85. What plugs are you running??

TA49-WE4

If you are running 100% E85, and are having good luck with a spark plug.

Please list the spark plug you are running and the gap it is set at.

Also the amount of boost you are running.

My autolite 23's set at .032 keep fouling out. Im trying to rule out that the plugs are at fault.

Per Nick's request "Fatride" I am posting this response.

He is running Autolite 23's gapped at a tight .029 running 28-29lbs boost no knock.

HTH

Prasad

Same plugs you would run at a particular boost level just as if you were using pump gas or race gas. I'm using UR5's just like TomJ.

Don't make this harder than it is. :biggrin:

My autolite 23's set at .032 keep fouling out. Im trying to rule out that the plugs are at fault.

You should not have fuel fouling with E-85. I've never seen or heard of that. The plugs will be white as hell. No oil, no carbon,( unless your running a smoke machine ) etc... cleans up the engine very nicely

Same plugs you would run at a particular boost level just as if you were using pump gas or race gas. I'm using UR5's just like TomJ.

Don't make this harder than it is. :biggrin:

You should not have fuel fouling with E-85. I've never seen or heard of that. The plugs will be white as hell. No oil, no carbon,( unless your running a smoke machine ) etc... cleans up the engine very nicely

Turned out that my " NEW " spark plug wires were bad.

So they were the problem not the plugs.

Also had a lobe go on the cam at around the same time so the car was doing all kinds of weard things.

I think I have the problems found now.

Turned out that my " NEW " spark plug wires were bad.

So they were the problem not the plugs.

Also had a lobe go on the cam at around the same time so the car was doing all kinds of weard things.

I think I have the problems found now.

Cool. I've had good luck with magnecor and MSD wires. Sometimes a worn lobe is hard to find and its amazing how well these cars will run with a flat cam. My GN ran a 12.8 @ 2.2 60' with 2 flat lobes. It wasn't picking up on the big end, I investigated and found number 3 and 5 flat. :mad:

I can't wait to get her back together and convert the car over E-85. I'll will also use Meth injection on top of that in the summer. Not sure I could pull that off in the winter.. too much cooling can be too much of a good thing.

According to Kirban people are having good luck wih the new E3 Diamond Fire plugs, in fact they will be selling them soon. Supposedly a lil more power and a way smoother idle.

So having said that the white car might get a set of these. The extra spark with these plugs could clear up some of the issues when you running E-85.