Performance items: What won't you ever do to your TR?

Ahhh yes, A thread that can only stir a shi+ pot.
I agree on alot, but man , some of those are just against the common grain.

-FMIC, works better on a street car more so than a strip car. heat soak at a red light can be virtually eliminated by a larger more efficient core (not so big you lose alot of boost though) I have had em, will do again. they just work.
-Skinnies, I agree, but at the strip it makes sense, on the street its like runnin 20" on the strip...what are you thinkin?!!
-Decals= Agree, leave that to the bumble bee majority
-Chrome, My buddy has a decal that reads "chrome wont get you home, but it will get you laid" That sums up my approach. And the "weight" not a real issue, if you have enough TQ, and HP...and we do.
Window tint- I hate it on non daily driven cars. If it stays outside, and you drive it in daylight, I am w/ ya. If its on a car that gets special attn; that be show, race only, or cruising, I like clean clear glass. thats just me though.

DISCUSS!

Ahhh yes, A thread that can only stir a shi+ pot.
I agree on alot, but man , some of those are just against the common grain.

-FMIC, works better on a street car more so than a strip car. heat soak at a red light can be virtually eliminated by a larger more efficient core (not so big you lose alot of boost though) I have had em, will do again. they just work.
-Skinnies, I agree, but at the strip it makes sense, on the street its like runnin 20" on the strip...what are you thinkin?!!
-Decals= Agree, leave that to the bumble bee majority
-Chrome, My buddy has a decal that reads "chrome wont get you home, but it will get you laid" That sums up my approach. And the "weight" not a real issue, if you have enough TQ, and HP...and we do.
Window tint- I hate it on non daily driven cars. If it stays outside, and you drive it in daylight, I am w/ ya. If its on a car that gets special attn; that be show, race only, or cruising, I like clean clear glass. thats just me though.

DISCUSS!

Logic and my posts often don't go hand in hand, I think it and then type it. :D

Sidenote, this place used to be a lot more laid back when I posted here years ago.:eek:

good thread. i KNOW ill never MUTILATE my car with a rollbar, or taking out seats, puttin in ac and radio delete plates.

Will also NEVER intall those STUPID aftermarket racing shifter handles, 300 pound, ghetto blasting 'kicker' systems, any "ghetto roller" rims over 18 inches, 3" drop kits, fart cans, super loud blow off valves stolen off some honda, NOS (though i do not view it as cheating, its merely another power adder. i may put a little 35 shot or something like that on a daily driver, but never on a car i cared about) chrome or tubbing. Now, as for a fmic, MAYbe. I may install it and run it as part of an experiment, but i doubt id ever keep it. I'm a stock sort of guy. Any mods I do, will always keep with the stock theme. No part will be moved from its original place, or change colour. Id change any part of my car (within reason of course) as long as its the factory colour, and factory location. (if not, i'd change the colour myself) Everytime you see any classic cars on ebay, the ones that have numbers non matching, or different rims, or the colors changed out, or some huge modifications on it, it NEVER fetches a decent price. Never. the ones that are all, or close to original always get more money. noone wants a modded out car. look at the tr's. all the stock ones get more money. never irreversibly mutilate your cars guys. theres not that many left now. youll be sorry in about 15 years from now... Bet my paycheck on it.

why......
bmm-80706.jpg
[/IMG]

T6smak...I actually agree w/ you, I am a little opinionated, and not generally to the side of the "common" GN owner.
i love the variety, but MINE will never have... Fun thread to read I think!

were gn owners. were ALL opinionated lol. if we werent, we'd be driving mustangs. but were bull headed and passionate. thats what draws us to this rare, hard to find parts for, black boat, instead of the run-of-the-mill LT1 or 5.0 cars. Some guys here love to, what us purists call 'chop up' or mutilate their buicks. but then again, theyre all running 8's too. To each is own i guess. This is indeed a different thread. Interesting...

Ditto the rollbar/cage! Love my ac in the texas heat and lots of creature comforts!! Keeping the stock GN wheels (until I find a set of GNX type!) I think the factory exhaust exit location should ALWAYS be kept!!! Just my thoughts:D

I would never put a Kenne Bell chip in mine nor put a cowl induction hood on it.

I will never do to my TR

SAVE it for the next guy!!! Don't get me wrong. I understand what everyone is talking about, but my hard earned money bought the cars I own. I'm not saving for the next owner(really don't plan on anyone else owning my babies anyway).:D I'll mod them however I please.:eek: That is really the point anyway, right? To each his own!?

My .02

Well, I never got it working and according to full throttle, It worked on everyone elses car so it must be faulty wiring. Well, low and behold, I had 5 different people and shops look at it and they said everything was hooked up correctly but they still could not figure out what was wrong with it. It has been a year and my car still does not run right so it is now parked and I dont get to enjoy my car, I had to buy a truck to drive to school. I paid a mechanic to fix it but it is still not drivable for long distance. Once I have time I will fix it.

Send a PM to me or Rick87GN, we both have them running on our cars with success. Rick has his car running GREAT, mine is in the garage awaiting a cam swap. Either of us would be more than happy to help.

Glen
dcving6@aol.com

I WILL NEVER…

1].... cage it
2].... put a v8 in it
3].... put a 2 or 3 speed tranny in it

Send a PM to me or Rick87GN, we both have them running on our cars with success. Rick has his car running GREAT, mine is in the garage awaiting a cam swap. Either of us would be more than happy to help.

Glen
dcving6@aol.com

My car is far beyond any help, the Pro came off almost 9 months ago. I am waiting to go to a FAST system, never going with a translator setup ever again, I will never put my car through that horror again, thanks anyways.