You can type here any text you want

PEVR-- Still available?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6VegaTex

While inventorying my almost-complete '80 Turbo set-up, I noticed the PEVR is missing; and in fact the previous owner plugged the port on the manifold. Must not have used a Q-jet. Since I will be running a Rochester 17080242, I need to find a replacement PEVR. Ist this part still available through GM, NAPA, or some other parts seller, or do I have to scavenge eBay and junk yards in search of one?

Thanks again for the info...
Dave

Thanks for the info. Only problem I have with the option Pete offers is since I'm doing a conversion, I don't have a boost light switch to wire into. There ought to be a way to do the same thing with a vacuum-operated switch...?

Dave

What about this? I see that the boost switches for 80-82 are still available. Could I hook them up to run the 3-way vacuum switch as Pete describes? They just would not have the lights connected to them. Wouldn't that work?

Dave

Yep, the are simple normally open contact switches that go to ground. Like a Hobbs switch, but a Hobbs has two contacts/circuit, so they don't have to be used for grounding.

The 80/82 switch has two contacts. They also make good switches for an alcohol injection pump. :)

Back