Pics of a cage I did for whiplash 306

Beautiful work!
Quick question. Do you have to have a bar behind the front seats, the one going at about the headrest level? Would the cage be legal without it or if it was lower?

Beautiful work!
Quick question. Do you have to have a bar behind the front seats, the one going at about the headrest level? Would the cage be legal without it or if it was lower?

Yes you do. It could go lower, I put it where the side bars intersect the main hoop because I think it looks better. Also, it has to be at a level that would not inhibit the way a 5 pt harness would fit, and according to the book at no point above the shoulders.

Yes you do. It could go lower, I put it where the side bars intersect the main hoop because I think it looks better. Also, it has to be at a level that would not inhibit the way a 5 pt harness would fit, and according to the book at no point above the shoulders.

As everyone else has said... Vey nice craftsmanship!! :biggrin:

Can you get a close-up pic of where it goes through the rear deck? And are you just as well versed using chromoly tubing?

K.

Very nice cage.

What bender are you using?

I have a Pro-Tools manual bender and have done a few cages in 4x4's. I also have fun doing it, but it takes me forever.

I hope you are very proud of that clean work. Very impressive.

Pics don't do the cage justice. I've checked out the work along the way as it progressed, VERY nice.
Saw the finished work on it last week and it looks great, good job John!

Wow, thanks for the positive feedback!

Mark E, the bender we are using is "home made". My buddy made it basically copying a JD2 unit with a couple changes. Works like a champ. Notches are made with a Pro Tools notcher.

Looks nice, I like the way you did the rear bars. I'm getting ready to do mine in the next couple weeks.

I was going to do c/m but my welder dislocated his then went slipped on the ice 2 weeks later and broke his wrist. :eek:

So since I want to be ready for next month I'm going with m/s and doing it myself.:frown:

I checked on some pricing locally and it was $100-150. a point for m/s. C/M is anywhere from $10-$14/foot here so the cost to do c/m will be considerably higher.