Pics of a GNX we re-created

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bs!!!

I own this car...and it is for sale....25x more time and work went into the build of this car then an original...it looks and drives and runs like a 10k mile car.....looks twice as nice as an original...the paint is a $15k paint job..... I would take ...which I did this car over any original for that would cost twice the price....I have owned 3 originals....

NOBODY except for us Turbo guys really know these anymore...infact when driving this car around everybody always says NICE GN!!

TRUE CAR guys and enthusiasts know about the GNX....SO IN THE end ..who cares if you tell them it is real or not...Nobody would care....maybe a buyer....

I have taken this car to many car shows...and a few Buick delarships....and even 2 Managers at the dealerships came out and looked at it....FRONT TO BACK ....both once sold these cars new....and one owns a GNX...
BOTH AGREED THAT the car was in incredible condition and the NICEST GNX they have seen in a while....AND I TOLD THEM ZERO ABOUT THE RECREATION PART.....lmao

Location, location, location

Never said i didn't like her!

So are you gonna sell me the car or what?:tongue:

If you lived and garaged this "GNX" in NYC or Miami (downtown), trust me you wouldn't want the extra attention...:wink:

nice..

Thats a sweet looking car. The whole "clone" debate I really don't understand, you've made it VERY clear that this is a clone, not a TRUE GNX.

Now......if you had a different Vin # installed that matched the real #023, the same license plates as #023....yeah, I would be mad also.

You've done nothing illegal.

My car is a 83' Regal Limited. w/ a Grand National hood, interior, GNX vents...and it's white.... but, can you imagine how many people have called it a GN??????

anyone that buys a GNX w/out checking the VIN or dong any research about it, is a moron.

Continuation Cars

How long before ASC does a run of GNX continuation cars similar to what Shelby has done in the past? Think those guys are pissed?

Are you for real? He cloned a GNX. Not GNX 023. That was the plate he happened to have available to him at a time he needed it. He didnt zero in on 023. That plate means dick anyway since it doesnt make it a real GNX. If it were that critical GM would have never made any other plates besides what was installed on the cars. So go out and have a GNX 548 plate made and swap him out. Then you can sell the 023 plate to the actual owner of GNX 023.

But he did clone #23 by putting that plate on the dash. Are you for real? you mean to tell me that a person who owns or works at a shop that specializes in turbo buicks does not have an extra dash plate laying around for a buick or grand national, i bet you he has a few.

Dont get me wrong, he has talents i wish i had. He did a beautiful job. I also fight in the armed forces to give people the freedom of choice, but sometimes the choices people make are not the right ones when they dont consider other people. And why should #23 have to buy a dash plate back from him, it should just be destroyed or given to him out of respect. Hell theres a money maker, someone should spend a few grand to build a mold to duplicate all the gnx #s then contact the owners and ask for money or they will be sold on ebay. Somethings you just dont want started. Unfortunately in todays world most people are driven by money instead of giving. It is someone with his talent and resources that are the ones who do sell clones as a real gnx. Gnx clones are made all the time which i think does bring down the value of the real deal. I had real rear gnx rims that i was willing to sell to a board member here but with the re offsetting of the ta rims the price for a real gnx rim has dropped dramtically. I had 2 gnx owners wanting them but were only willing to pay 150-300 for each rim when they use to sell for 4-5 times that much. So i ended up giving them to my neighbor in trade for some tools.

My point is

Its my money and my time and if your not the government your not telling me what to do with it .. About every cobra ive seen has been some kind of clone and no ones crying. And last time i checked a real cobra out sells the gnx by leeps and bounds . And allways will ..

Its my money and my time and if your not the government your not telling me what to do with it .. About every cobra ive seen has been some kind of clone and no ones crying. And last time i checked a real cobra out sells the gnx by leeps and bounds . And allways will ..

No one is (crying) here, just telling the person how they feel about what they did, but anyways. A real cobra = older by about 20 or so years, less produced, outperforms the gnx thats why they cost more to buy. Cobra replicas have to have a certian amount of variances to a real cobra or they can get sued unless they are licensed by shelby to copy his platform. Also a replica will say replica or kit or similar verbage on the title. where as a gnx title just says buick regal if i recall correctly. It would be much easier to pass off a gnx as real compared to a cobra.

The one I own is 99.9 correct...nobody has built one close to it

AND twice as nice as a real one with 20k miles..... I have owned many GN'S ..and a few GNX's.....

the market is slower these cars at the moment because of the amount of real PERFORMANCE available now in the used car market...

SRT8'S -- $14K-20K used
2010 Camaro SS's -- $26-30k used
MANY MANY MANY 2007-2009 gt500'S --- $23-30k used
vettes are a dime a dozen......
M5's --$28-35k used
AMG'S...the best cars for the money...E55's can be as low as $16k...this is for a car which even with 200k miles is 100x better then any GN

I own a 95k mile 2005 CL65....one of only 187 built in the 2 years of production.....I WOULD take my CL65 without the overall value in mind over 2 real GNX's......it is much much rarer and the engineering is godly.....zero issues in the last 20k miles and I run a 11.40@121 stock--- this is with a/c seats and total luxury

So in the end older cars are losing a battle with newer more reliable better looking much much faster cars.....

As for my GNX recreation? IT IS the only like it in the world...nobody has even come close to building anything like it...PERIOD...anywhere....
A nice GNX is worth between $45k and $60k now....

My car has a true value of upwards of $30k based on the parts and the shear fact you can drive it and not really be concerned the $50k you dropped on a real one was a waste of money because they are not going up in value for some time and if you want the look and feel and one with a modern day paint job...my car is more suitable for an intelligent buyer....considering a mint GN sells for $20k....$10k more gets you twice the car in parts and workmanship

As the owner of the real GNX023 I take offense to this replica. Why couldn't you use a fake badge like GNX548? When I decide to sell GNX023 this car will cause nothing but confusion to potential buyers.

Kurt B

When I first read this post I thought long and hard about it. If I were to have a pristine GNX in my garage that I talked to and dreamed about daily and then I saw the same number on another GNX, I would definitely be disappointed and possibly a little upset. I would then PM the person who had it and ask them very nicely if there was any way that they could take it off. They are under NO obligation to. Except a self enforced-GNX code of ethics. No laws have been broken. No copyright violations. It seems that the maker was more than happy to take the plaque off. This was posted in the GNX section so I don't think they are trying to hide anything or deceive anyone. They did a bang up job and put in ALOT of hard work and it shows. As I kept reading the post though the only concern posted was of resale value. I think that any T/R fanatic would be more upset about having their number out there, than about resale value. At the end of the night you have the real deal VIN verified GNX that you never drive and he has the clone/replica/twin/re-created/whatever with the $15,000 paint job that is driven and admired and gives ALL GNX's more publicity, advertising, respect and value.

If you are somehow suggesting this is a "rights" issue, nobody ever suggested you didn't have the right to put #23 on your car.

We all have the "right" to engage in any number of obnoxious behaviors... that doesn't mean we should or that others must accept them if we do.

Uh, if someone has a legal right to do something that it most definitely means we have to accept them. He clearly has a legal right since no laws were broken. Here is a definition of 'right': to have a just claim or title, whether legal, prescriptive, or moral.
And the first part of that sentence is not legally correct either.

I own this car...and it is for sale....25x more time and work went into the build of this car then an original...it looks and drives and runs like a 10k mile car.....looks twice as nice as an original...the paint is a $15k paint job..... I would take ...which I did this car over any original for that would cost twice the price....I have owned 3 originals....

NOBODY except for us Turbo guys really know these anymore...infact when driving this car around everybody always says NICE GN!!

TRUE CAR guys and enthusiasts know about the GNX....SO IN THE end ..who cares if you tell them it is real or not...Nobody would care....maybe a buyer....

I have taken this car to many car shows...and a few Buick delarships....and even 2 Managers at the dealerships came out and looked at it....FRONT TO BACK ....both once sold these cars new....and one owns a GNX...
BOTH AGREED THAT the car was in incredible condition and the NICEST GNX they have seen in a while....AND I TOLD THEM ZERO ABOUT THE RECREATION PART.....lmao

To address your paragraphs
1-OK you have an 80,000 mile GN with really nice paint that looks 99.99% of a GNX. With the exception of the paint how can it look twice as nice as a low mile GNX?
2-I pretty much agree with this statement. But I also get asked ALOT if my car is a GNX (it has no GNX items on it).
3-Nobody cares if you have a real or fake GNX:confused: Have you read this thread? Did the 3 people who bought your 3 GNX's care?
4-Definition: Noun 1. poser - a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not.

And I CAN'T believe that no one is complaining that there is one less 'regular' GN out there :tongue:

gns

As much as I love gns since I was16 in 87 they could never ever compare to todays cars especially cl65 let's face it guys we all have a bunch of rust buckets with sagging doors that we hav e to restore every 10 years or so as for a gnx its a beautiful car but handling and braking always was very bad a 87 ta blew the gnx away in handling and braking by far!!!!!

But he did clone #23 by putting that plate on the dash. Are you for real? you mean to tell me that a person who owns or works at a shop that specializes in turbo buicks does not have an extra dash plate laying around for a buick or grand national, i bet you he has a few.
stop crying like a woman! and no there were not any other plates in his garage. yea, he collected numbered GNX plates.:rolleyes: ur a retard.

and no he did not clone #23 einstein..... he cloned a GNX and happened to put #23 on it.

it still amazes me hoe entirely stupid some people can still be to this day about a plate on the dash. grow up

stop crying like a woman! and no there were not any other plates in his garage. yea, he collected numbered GNX plates.:rolleyes: ur a retard.

and no he did not clone #23 einstein..... he cloned a GNX and happened to put #23 on it.

it still amazes me hoe entirely stupid some people can still be to this day about a plate on the dash. grow up

Wow, name calling now. Some people and their computer muscle. I am glad i upset you makes me know how much of a bitch you really are. There i stooped to your level, Happy, now keep working on your post count. :biggrin:
And the retard says that (how) is spelled how not hoe, but thats ok your hands were probably shaking pretty good while you were typing. :biggrin:

This thread has taken a bit of a curve...lets get it back on track or it will be locked.

It's great that someone put all this time and money into a car to make it like a real GNX. For someone looking to drive a car what more could you ask for? Clones, Tributes, Replicas are definitely flattering.

As far as I am concerned...."Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing" when it comes to our cars.

Half the fun with these GNXs is to look at how different each one was built. The modifications on the cars were done by hand so from car to car there are plenty of variations from car to car. There are plenty of other choices on the market (as expected after 20+ years) however the GNX always holds a special meaning to many people in the Automotive community.

Cars like this one only re-enforce that the registry as well as this forum should be kept up to date to avoid anyone making a mistake of buying a clone for the cost of a real GNX.

If you have something to add to the thread please post it.

I was always told...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

why do so many try to make their GN into a GNX look alike.
because they like them! and they look great!

don't care about your CL85 or what ever # this is a GN forum,
were talking about GNX clones,

I'm sure there is a MB forum for you to brag about your stuff on,

when I was looking for an exotic car, never once did I consider a BMW/MB/ euro crap car.

don't see anyone cloning the above mentioned cars!

I have no problem with someone using my GNX's # on a clone, as I have the real deal.

lol...imitation is the best form of flattery

Though this GNX replica has been COMPLETELY gone through...the interior ...EVERYTHING is out of a 9500 mile car..THE ENTIRE engine compartment is better then any 5-10k mile GNX's I have seen or owned...
Every seal was replaced..nut bolt etc.....the door motors were replaced..YOU GET THE IDEA? NOTHING INCLUDING THE BOTTOM OF THIS CAR LOOKS ANYTHING DIFFERENT THEN A 5K mile GNX...it just wasnt put together in a few days at ASC ..it was put together in a few years with well over 300 man hours....that my friends is not the same as imitation...more like admiration

Also Cruzn....Do you know anything about cars? Seriously? btw AMG's are cloned on a daily basis.....people like to put badges and wheels of the $200k car on the $80k car all the time.....

Every car guy here should know more about cars then 24 year old GM muscle....

I know every model of every American built Muscle car from the 60's to now....I have owned many....
In the last 7 or so years...Mercedes and BMW AND even Audi have come a long way....a HP war is going on since 2004...when MY CL65 "The worlds most powerful production car" with a stock 750 ft. lbs of torque was built...and as well as the 500hp E55's from 2003....this started a war of power among Auto builders....Eventually the Veryron was built in 2006.....and now 500hp is considered basic level entry now....My car has 612hp since 2005......

German engineering is the best in the world........Nothing compares to power and reliablity as a german car....sorry

Now go sell your GNX'S you arent driving and buy a damn AMG!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.