You can type here any text you want

Pics of new speakers/aftermarket door panels installed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87NAT

In Between GN's
Finally got the new aftermarket doorpanels and rear panels installed. Everything looks good and it sounds fantastic. The factory door panels really muffled the sound but these panels let the speaker breath.

Components are:
Alpine head unit
Alpine dash speakers(powered by deck)
5 1/4" Infinity Kappas in front door
4" Infinty Kappas in rear seat area(powered by deck)
6 x 9 Infinitys in rear deck
10" passive Bazooka
Punch 250 bridged for sub
Punch 400 for rear deck and front door speakers
12+ volt Capacitor for Punch 250

Attachments

• intnat 001 (Custom).jpg
    intnat 001 (Custom).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 454
  • intnat 002 (Custom).jpg
    intnat 002 (Custom).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 444
  • intnat 003 (Custom).jpg
    intnat 003 (Custom).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 441
  • intnat 004 (Custom).jpg
    intnat 004 (Custom).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 445
  • intnat 005 (Custom).jpg
    intnat 005 (Custom).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 461
Nice install, very clean. Now I just gotta figure out how to hook the radio back up :p

Wow! Nice set up. Where did you get those pannels? Looks like they are a shade off but they still look good. I would like to do something like that.

Wow! Nice set up. Where did you get those pannels? Looks like they are a shade off but they still look good. I would like to do something like that.

Panels are from gbody. I screwed up on the first prep of the plastic and I ran out of the interior paint from Kirbans.:mad: I didnt sand the primer and the gray Kirbans paint didnt look good at all. SOOOO... I bought some Kyrlon "gray" from Lowes. On the second attempt I sprayed some adhesive promotor and primer on the panel then wetsanded them with 600 paper.

It is a shade off but all of the gray pieces in the car dont match exactly anyway from sun and deterioration over the years. Actually they are pretty close to the color of the gray on the seats. It doesnt look bad in person and only you GN nuts would know the difference anyway.:D

Looks good and you did a great job with the install. Thanks for sharing.:cool:

Looks good and you did a great job with the install. Thanks for sharing.:cool:

Thanks for the compliment.

I did the the whole trunk area 5 years ago. The only new components are the door and back panels.

I couldn't justify anymore go-fast stuff without putting a cage in the car so I had to spend some money on something.:D

simple and effective, well done!!

Thanks Greg but I read your post in the Car Audio section. Your getting ready to get real stupid.:eek: My system is gonna sound like a stock PInto stereo compared to the monster your installing. Let us know how it sounds when your done.

How much would all of it cost if you had to pay for it?

Back