You can type here any text you want

Pics of your stereo?? Please...send them to me!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Maltman

I'm trying to come up with some ideas for making a "better looking" trunk. I toyed with the idea of using plexi to make a case for my sub and filling in our (lowered) trunk area to make the amps flush mount.

Anyway, send me anything you have....I'd appreciate it! :)

maltman182@charter.net

Thanks

I don't drive my car very much at all, so I kept it very simple and decided not to invest too much.

I have a Pioneer head unit, Pioneer 6-1/2" 4-ways in the concert sound location, and the Sony X-Plod 12" sub in a sealed box.

The 6-1/2's are powered using the front 2 channels set on high-pass, and the 12" sub is powered by the rear 2 channels bridged and set on low-pass. It's a Planet Audio 50w x 4 amp.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/442000-442999/442836_29_full.jpg

Thanks for the pic :)

I'm leaning more toward having the box on the high part and keeping the amps down lower.

...which brings me to my next question: If I were to "change" my current box to a custom (I was thinking about plexi)...how do I know what dimensions to go with??

I have one 12" that is currently in a ported box (points up toward the rear deck lid...and it seems like everyone says that is sorta bad). I don't have a clue and a "shop" did this for me awhile back....now I'm thinking they were hacks since they're no longer in business!!! :eek:

I can handle building something for the amps to look "pretty", but I'm lost when it comes to the box and I know that is the most important part.

...any ideas or help?

Thanks,

Back