pitt/ western pa meet

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I wont be able to make it. My driveway looks like glass, there is so much ice on it. I would attempt to get out but the pole at the end of my driveway across the street wont look good in the front of my car. Hopfully I'll make it to the next one if you plan on doing this again. Enjoy the weather boys. I'm staying home today.

well all rain here

no ice at all-roads are great
most of the snow in my yard is getting washed away

ill still be there for the rest
thanks

How was it? Did alot of you guys go? Sorry I didnt make. I would still like to meet everyone. Is there a plan for another meet/get together? Well hope you guys had a good time.

the meet went good

well a great time and met some new faces too
all in all 9 people showed up -and we laughed alot:D
nice weather and the rain stopped for a while also
thanks for attending
jason
joe
jim
domenic
greg
bj
matt
bob
i dont have every ones screen name forgive me.....:eek:

next one is march something there will be a new thread today to discuss where when and hopefully the turbos will be out:)

New Pittsburgh member

Hi folks,
I just bought an 87 GN that is at best described as a basket case but I love this car. I am in Eighty Four PA. I am having the springs and shocks replaced (the car looks like all original parts) and am wondering what other front/rear suspension parts should be replaced while they have it apart? I am planning on using it as a daily driver. I am looking for upgrades but also am looking for comfort. Can you suggest any brands and/or types (rubber vs. poly bushings)?
Thanks,
Barney

i like poly

front suspension- bigger hollow sway bar from a impala ss
rear air bag,boxed upper and lower control arms /bigger sway bar
or gnx suspension(broke -need not apply here)
all the body bushings are helpfull as well
rear seat braces and under hood braces are very popular too
nice to have you.

Hi folks,
I just bought an 87 GN that is at best described as a basket case but I love this car. I am in Eighty Four PA. I am having the springs and shocks replaced (the car looks like all original parts) and am wondering what other front/rear suspension parts should be replaced while they have it apart? I am planning on using it as a daily driver. I am looking for upgrades but also am looking for comfort. Can you suggest any brands and/or types (rubber vs. poly bushings)?
Thanks,
Barney

Do you know TURBOTIMMER on the board here? His real name is Tim. He lives in Scenery Hill which is right near you.

Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I had to work 11-7, we were busy with the ice storm that came though.

We'll have to do it again sometime.

John

I'll try to make it for the next one, I went over and dug my car out of storage on Sunday, so I'm gonna start working on it soon. I have a big list of things to do, lol. If anybody here could assist and or supervise in doing valve springs, that would be awesome. I want to put new ones in and valve seals as well, soon...

JC Turbo,
TurboTimmer is maybe 10 minutes away. I don't know any body yet. I just bought the GN from a military guy that was visiting his sister from Colorado over X-mas. Thanks for the lead. I will send him a message.
Barney

well a great time and met some new faces too
all in all 9 people showed up -and we laughed alot:D
nice weather and the rain stopped for a while also
thanks for attending
jason
joe
jim
domenic
greg
bj
matt
bob 88Cutty Classic
i dont have every ones screen name forgive me.....:eek:

next one is march something there will be a new thread today to discuss where when and hopefully the turbos will be out:)

knew most of ya but nice to meet some new guys. hopefully darkness will fall upon me soon. i think i talked the pops out of another vette, just gotta find the right GN now.

no cars so no pics:(

well maybe a cell phone pic with a waitress body part or 2;)

Since all of you are local,thought i would let you know Quaker is CLOSED.
title.jpg

The End of an Era

It is with great regret that we announce the closing of Quaker City Raceway as a drag racing facility. We would like to thank all the racers that have traveled to QCR over the years. You the racers are what made the race programs what they were, we could not have done it without you. It is a shame we did not reach our 50th anniversary which was due this year and it is disappointing a piece of history is disappearing.

While we tried hard to keep QCR a place to drag race, we could not accept anything less than market value for the facility. There were no bids for the facility as a whole, so we will be forced to diversify and use the facility for another purpose.

To all our loyal racers who raced hard in 2006, all prizes and awards for last season will be mailed out during the week of March 5th. Congratulations for all your success, good luck in your future racing endeavors.

x2 stinks

well pittsburgh raceway just got bigger(norwalk too)

That does suck! I really like that track! Was kinda cool doing you burnout uphill... oh well, what can you do.