You can type here any text you want

PL help.....file attached

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Eric, what's your opinion on my tps setting and rpm drop on the shifts?

Eric, i was out earlier tonight and went to change some settings in the chip and had something strange happen...i didn't have laptop with me so i used the gas pedal method.....so, i turned key on and waited a few seconds...i pushed the button on the scanmaster to scroll to lv8 and the numbers on the scanmaster went crazy...just started jumping all over the place, looked like i saw some odd characters in there too...wtf??? so i keyed off, then back on...this time it let me scroll to lv8...i then pressed the gas pedal 3 times and held, and nothing.....i sat and thought for a minute, keyed off then on and tried again, only i didn't press down on the gas pedal as hard...i was then able to make my adjustments....so does this verify that maybe my tps IS overadjusted on the high side? still don't know what the hell was up with the scanmaster numbers jumping around though....your thoughts???

Once in a while that happens with the powerlogger/scanmaster setup if you're turning the key on and off.

On the TPS, yes, it's set too high. Try to keep it under 4.80 volts at the highest.

ok...i'll back the tps up too....i did verify timing the other day and it looks good...something else i thought of....when i was logging my runs last time out, my laptop battery went very low....could that have caused my 1/2 afr to change like we were talking about the other night? i reset it to 99 like the 3/4, so i'll keep an eye on it to see if it changes again...

Back