You can type here any text you want

PL help.....file attached

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Rebuilding a motor because he doesnt have a aftermarket ECM. Really? maybe you know something i don't.

When all else is Correct,It's the last piece in the weak chain,not saying it's guaranteed explosion,but harm is done

You're speaking in riddles. :confused:

A aftermarket ecm is nice but not needed at his level IMOP.

He's about in the 10's,He's Prime Canidate,there worth every penny an have Muiltipul Advantages!!! it's an Investment for the Investment you built already....

finally got to make a few runs with the new powerlogger setup.....disappointed with times to say the least, but i think i found out why....AFR was 8.5-9.0 the whole run!!! my question is, if i'm understanding correctly, how is my correction factor in the 150's when the wideband is reading so rich?? Bison, Eric, or anyone experienced please take a look and tell me where to go.......

I see your BLM's are pretty high, and the correction is pretty high, especially for having the alky up on 8. Are you sure your fuel pressure is right? Could it be way too low? If you have a Translator, what MAF and what settings in the box?
Eric

I see your BLM's are pretty high, and the correction is pretty high, especially for having the alky up on 8. Are you sure your fuel pressure is right? Could it be way too low? If you have a Translator, what MAF and what settings in the box?
Eric
Eric, it's an ls1 3.5'' maf, translator from you and settings per your instructions, i'll double check again along with fp... B231- i have a precision front mount and not boxed in, the temps drop right back down after run...rpm @ 0psi is in this log....2500 ish i think...Eric, with the last chip you burnt before the 6.1 i have now, the car trapped at 124......trap on this run was 118.....i need to be at 126-128 for my goals.....what the hell am i missing?? guys into deep 10's and high 9's on stock ecm.......

seemed to spool pretty quick, 1.63 60' on this run leaving off foot brake....don't know if i pushed or not.....

You completly missed the point, (an there only $3000),but if rebuilding your new cool parts is more in your favor, so be it...
i didn't miss the point....Dale Cherry and a local guy here told me i needed a FAST system to correct a problem with a miss that turned out to be bad valve springs!!!! I see by your other thread that you seeminly have tons of money to throw at your car....must be nice...i unfortunately need to get the parts i already have to work properly........

looks like a 600 rpm drop on the 1-2 and 800 rpm drop on the 2-3....is that normal??

I'm wondering if the wideband is wrong, causing the chip to add a bunch of fuel. I see it added over 20%, but the a/f didn't really get that much richer, so that's odd.
You weren't monitoring the a/f before with the old chip, so we don't really know where it was at. We could always stick the old chip back in to see if the mph comes back, and log the a/f.

I'm wondering if the wideband is wrong, causing the chip to add a bunch of fuel. I see it added over 20%, but the a/f didn't really get that much richer, so that's odd.
You weren't monitoring the a/f before with the old chip, so we don't really know where it was at. We could always stick the old chip back in to see if the mph comes back, and log the a/f.
will the old chip work with the translator and power logger?? what would be wrong with the wideband? i think with the old chip i was running 3-4* more timing...would that make that much of a difference??

Yes, the old chip would works with the Translator/Powerlogger. Don't know on the wideband, just speculating, sensor could be bad. Timing can definitely make a difference.
Do you still have the old chip? If not, I can look up the program and remake it.

Yes, the old chip would works with the Translator/Powerlogger. Don't know on the wideband, just speculating, sensor could be bad. Timing can definitely make a difference.
Do you still have the old chip? If not, I can look up the program and remake it.
i still have it...should i just try adding timing first?

I would put the old chip back in, just like it was when you ran faster, and see if the MPH comes back. Make sure you log the run.
Eric

I would put the old chip back in, just like it was when you ran faster, and see if the MPH comes back. Make sure you log the run.
Eric
with the same timing settings then? i think they were 28*-26*.........i had it bumped up quite a bit...

That's a bunch of timing for alky/pump gas. The new chip is 23/21. That could very well be where your power went. I personally would not run it that high for safety sake. Maybe with some race fuel in there.
I mainly want to see what you were running for air/fuel ratio before. The new chip is defaulted to 10.8, but you may have been leaner/richer before.

Out of curiosity, do you have a stock balancer or something else? Might be worth while checking timing.

Out of curiosity, do you have a stock balancer or something else? Might be worth while checking timing.
stock balancer..... i know for sure i added either 3 or 4* to the base settings in the other chip which was also 23-21....don't remember if i had any fuel added or not....i don't think i did....never had a problem with knock...trust me, after the time and money i've spent, i watch like hell!!come to think of it i remeber adding maybe 2% fuel and picking up 1-2 mph with the last chip... i remember afr's around 11.0-11.2 on the wideband.....

Back