You can type here any text you want

Plugging a Turbo Inlet Bell Breather Port

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HyperV6

What type of epoxy should I use to fill the breather port on a stock aluminum inlet bell? I want to fill and smooth this hole to try to improve airflow into the turbo. Is there some prefered to use over epoxy?

Thanks for any information.

Craig

Leave it alone, and better yet, add an oil catch can in between the port and valve cover then reconnect the hose to the valve cover opening. I'd do it if I still had that setup.

JB weld, if that is your intent. Be sure to sand it to get fresh aluminum for the epoxy to stick to. Use brake clean to final clean prior to flowing epoxy. A hair dryer will thin the epoxy so it flows. Apply masking tape to the inside and pour the epoxy in. Heat with hair dryer to allow entrspped air to escape. Lat it dry and sand smooth. Now that you did this, take it off and throw it away and buy a good turbo and billet inlet bell (or a different housing that doesn;t need the bell) What you are trying to do will accomplish nothing, won't hurt, though.;) Save your money and buy a good turbo and then see how much fun these cars are. (you'll also need pump, injectors, chip and good filter to use tha bigger turbo)

Leave it alone, and better yet, add an oil catch can in between the port and valve cover then reconnect the hose to the valve cover opening.....

Good advise! :)

The factory installed the pipe and connection to the bell [low pressure intake] to reduce crankcase pressure [and oil leaks!] due to the added combustion blow-by of the pressurized intake flow.

Back