Policy for selling parts here

TurboBuRick

Staff member
I really tired of getting the shaft on parts bought from people on this board. I know others can relate. I'm gonna suggest again we start a new policy requiring sellers of used part to stand behind the stuff they sell here with in a certain time frame. If not be faced with a permanent ban from the parts for sale section. .

This chit is getting old out of hand. We need a new policy to help protect the members.

I stand behind everything I sell here. 100%. For some reason you don't like the part, I give a refund or do what ever it takes to make it right. If you can't do the same, take to ebay. We don't want it.

Only thing I would like to add that is If you want to sell something you must ship it out in a reasonable time. Otherwise leave the extra parts at your friends, brothers, storage center thats 5 hours away .. well you get the message:p I just don't get it.. Send your $$$ to guys an they disappear like Houdini :biggrin:

Maybe to sell parts you should have to post your full name and address publicly. At least everyone would know the real names (maybe) of the sellers.

all the above true i try to do buisness the old fashion way call the person see if there story lines up have been lucky so far but you never know someones mint nice part is someones junk and do buisness with good venders if that dont work just bring your gun lol good luck people

someones mint nice part is someones junk

Thats the big problem !!! I provide pics.. PICS THAT YOU CAN SEE !! Not some blurred pics something like a drunk sees after 10 beers :p BUT sometimes the BUYER shouldn't be working on cars period!! :rolleyes:

Thats the big problem !!! I provide pics.. PICS THAT YOU CAN SEE !! Not some blurred pics something like a drunk sees after 10 beers :p BUT sometimes the BUYER shouldn't be working on cars period!! :rolleyes:

You will always have some of these. And post count isn't a given guaranty.
But I have trouble buying anything from a person with 4 post.

Somebody mentioned that you could have a senior member vouch for a newb to sell parts if you have under xxx# of post. IDK.....:frown:

[/B][/U][/SIZE]You will always have some of these. And post count isn't a given guaranty.
But I have trouble buying anything from a person with 4 post.

Well I sold a turbo the had maybe 2/3000 miles on it from what I remember (GT 3255) .. looked like new (why shouldn't it) and worked fine. I had it on a summer beater. Sold it to a guy and it wouldn't "fit". Couldn't hook up his oil feed line to it :rolleyes: . Don't know what else he did to it but it didn't live long at all !! Didn't blame me but I still felt bad as he was posting a 10 page thread on how to put a turbo on. :eek:
NO WAY IN HELL would I buy from a "newbie" .. well unless he were local to me.. way to many pissing contest goin on now.. It's everywhere !! NOT just here. Kinda sad when ya think of it. Years ago I would think of nothing sending a stranger a grand or 2 for parts. Oh welll... sign of the times.

I have actually been very lucky buying used parts from members.

The only real issue I had was from a supporting vendor :eek::eek::mad:
I think it would help if you could leave trader-type feedback for them as well.

Bryan

I think we all have had issues buying and selling parts here. I have been shafted a # of times here. I really don't like the PM thing. For ex. someone posted something for sale at 7:15am. I reply pics please at 7:17am, The next day i get a PM saying i am not first in line someone sent me (person whom posted that part for sale) a pm. That IMOP is BS. if you want the part post up in the thread, thats why it was created. Then we go in order from who posted. then again, it is the choice of the seller. Something should change IMOP

?

Who says I gotta sell it to the first guy that responds? about half the guys that post interested want pics or something else- if I got a guy who is asking for my paypal, no questions asked, why shouldn't I sell it to them? You want some kind of order or first in line- go to the vendors.

I've been lucky both ways on this board but I don't buy from new people and I'm honest with what I sell (maybe it was that 12 years of Catholic school or something lol). The closest call I had was with a turbo I sold. Got the money from the member, then went to take the turbo off the car. I noticed some questionable shaft play that I couldn't feel when it was installed. Gave the buyer the choice of the turbo and half his money back or a full refund. He picked the full refund so I sent hi mo back to him. Ended up selling the turbo to a local guy for a good price with him knowing the chance he was taking. I'm a beleiver in karma...hope everyone I buy from would do the same.
Just do a search on who you are dealing with and use common sense. Post count means a lot but not everything. I've seen what appears to be dead beat sellers with 1k+ posts.

For the most part, Ive been pretty lucky too. With the a couple exceptions.

Both times the item was advertised as *NEW* and both times it was a third party deal. I bought from someone who bought from another member and resold to me. I'm left to deal with it. It's not right.

Who says I gotta sell it to the first guy that responds? about half the guys that post interested want pics or something else- if I got a guy who is asking for my paypal, no questions asked, why shouldn't I sell it to them? You want some kind of order or first in line- go to the vendors.

First its respect to other members. Most of the time if there arent pictures the part is most likly a peice of chit. I bought a front mount intercooler that was described as mint in the post. When I received it it was far from mint. The bottom was smashed and the tubes were all scratched up and flat from hitting the ground.Thats what I got for not asking questions and for pics. That was a $750 mistake:mad:. If you read in the negative feedback fourm there is alot people that got had on no pics or bullsh!t descriptions. Now I will not buy any parts without pictures unless its m233roller because when he says its mint you can bet its like new. Everyone has a differant opinion of what mint is. Sell something on ebay without pictures and see what happens. This is a great site with a great bunch of members. There might be a few bad apples but that is on all the sites out there. If you want to sell to the first person that says they will pay right now thats your choice. But dont forget that can happen to you as well. So when your buying a built long block for $2500 and your first in line pending pics and the next guy has money in hand and bumps you out tell me you wouldnt be mad. I know you wont find a built long block for $2500. It was just an example. They need to have an example section of what mint ,like new. good driver.nos and oem are. No crappy cell phone pics either. If you have a gn or turbo car you can afford a $200 digital camera to take pics. Well Im done for know:biggrin:

Bad phone pics are one of my pet-peves. Really, don't post a pic if you can't see any detail. In defence of some of the new phones, I see some of them have 8 pixel cameras so it may be possible to get better pics from those ones...

I agree Rick. I've been screwed once so far out of a few transactions. (Still waiting for the check in the mail :rolleyes:).
So I temporarily stopped selling stuff. And hesitant about buying lately. Not sure if it's worth it. So instead of the headaches, I've been going to the vendors for new instead. I hope they appreciate it..:D
Eitherway, not sure what the solution is, but it would be nice to see something different. Isn't there a trader "rating" feature here? Wish I knew how to use it...:redface:

I agree Rick. I've been screwed once so far out of a few transactions. (Still waiting for the check in the mail :rolleyes:).
So I temporarily stopped selling stuff. And hesitant about buying lately. Not sure if it's worth it. So instead of the headaches, I've been going to the vendors for new instead. I hope they appreciate it..:D
Eitherway, not sure what the solution is, but it would be nice to see something different. Isn't there a trader "rating" feature here? Wish I knew how to use it...:redface:

I Sir can help you with the trader rating. I did this awhile back and figured they would make it a sticky but not yet.

Follow this link to figure out how to post I-trader rating. :)

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/site-suggestions-help/318676-i-trader-instructions.html

It's real simple, either people stand behind what they sell or don't sell it here. That means if there are any problems at all, you make it right or take it back and return the money.

Since this is not getting any attention from the admins or pfs mods, looks like this thread will be in vain.