You can type here any text you want

Poor GN. Big block power, ya right.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
No times? That would tell us if it's a monster or not! My old GN 6cyl would roast the tires @ 70mph from just putting the peddle to the floor. That made alot of noice but it didn't look like the noice matched the speed! Maybe it was because the video. Video does seem to make things look slower..

had a local guy here do that to his 17k GN in 89 :rolleyes: I still beat him spraying a stock motor :biggrin: He sat there and spun like the "monster" in the video :rolleyes:

Who cares if it's not a Turbo 6? It's a regular Regal that was built on a budget. I say, good for him! Glad to see he's building his car instead of laying around on the couch, collecting welfare, and selling drugs like half this country does all day. I admire anybody's work on there cars. If it was up to 90% of the people on this board, it would have Alky Injection, 50# injectors, ProStars, and look identical to everybody elses car. You guys are going to hate my car!

That thing is a dog. It's loud, but it doesn't get up in the RPMs very fast. And if it can't roast THOSE bfg radial tires better than that then he should have stuck with the turbo six.

Who cares if it's not a Turbo 6? It's a regular Regal that was built on a budget. I say, good for him! Glad to see he's building his car instead of laying around on the couch, collecting welfare, and selling drugs like half this country does all day. I admire anybody's work on there cars. If it was up to 90% of the people on this board, it would have Alky Injection, 50# injectors, ProStars, and look identical to everybody elses car. You guys are going to hate my car!
Jeremy, It don't bother me a bit to see someone do what they want! and yeah, it's nice he's not out selling drugs and he's into working on cars and he picked a Buick Regal to do it with! It's just my oppinion, but when someone goes through all the trouble to do the modifications to the car to make a 454 big block fit. If it were me, I would have spent that money on a LS1-LS2 engine and put that in it!! It more than likely would have went faster than the 12.79 @107 and it deffinetly would get better gas mileage!! And they LOVE nitrous too!!! ;)

Some people to this day are still stuck on those Old hat engines that wern't that fast at all and sucked gas like a raging alcoholic bum under a bridge!

Don't get me wrong Jeremy, The Car looks nice! , The car sounds nice! But the times out of the 454 BB is not nice!

For the "Bang for the buck" these little 6's are hard to beat! They are quick!, They are quiet!, They still get 20+mpg!

Next in line would be the LS engine platform..

This is just my oppinion!
Scot W.

Being it's a low compression motor, it should take nitrous pretty well. Or maybe single or twin turbos!!!!!! I do have to agree it seems pretty darn doggy for a big block but on the other hand, who knows what he's got for heads or carb. If the heads are smaller, they may be forgiving if he decided to turbo it. I am actually planning to a turbo small block GN clone next so I have some appreciation for this project. Definately a lot of work put in to make that motor fit. If he keeps improving, imagine how fast that car has the potential to be? Heck, he just got her finished. He'll be back around blowing the doors off some of our cars!

P.S. At least it doesnt have 30" rims on it!!!!! THAT WOULD BE GAY!:biggrin:

grat motor to add a turbo too it huh? not really impressed but it looked good

Ummm.....I don't know. Does'nt empress me. Makes a LOT of noise though if that's your thing. I think my 87 T would take it with about $500 in mods. It ran a best of 12.66 with a dump, K&N, adj reg, old Hoosiers, and about 20lbs boost. Gonna have fun at emissions time too..........:eek:

Ken B.

i lmao at the vid...disgraced the GN...makes all that noise and it looks like its not even doing the speed limit...ill stick with the v6 turbo...my GN will blow the damn doors off it:biggrin:

I think to each his own. I took a 85GN that was a basket case and put a healthy sb in it. I also have a 86GN and enjoy both when they aren't broken.:mad:

I'd much rather work on my sb then my turbo car and for less money(I think) I can run 9's with it. On the other hand I'd rather drive my turbo car if I was going on any kind of trip.

Nothing wrong with mid 12's out of a probably mostly stock BB and with a 150 shot he'd be in the bottom of the 11's.

Need some times to see how bad ass it really is, but taking off it looked pretty healthy.

Yeah 454's weren't exactly economy engines but they can make power if you know what you are doing with them.

But if you really did build the engine for $1500....then I have to hand it to you, it usually takes $2k to build a big block Chevy reusing stock parts, what all was donated?

I will agree an LSX engine would have also been nice and probably would've done the same job but better technology, better fuel economy.

Not everyone knows their way around a turbo 6 and parts availability are another issue.

What’s the deference of putting in a 454 and an after market 6? None came in the car.:confused: :confused:
Ohhh it’s an 8, but didn't some Regals come with an 8?

Also if you put $10k into that 454 what are the chances that a Dollar for dollar 6 could keep up with it?
so for a total of $11.5K that Regal has a lot more potential and a lot less maintenance then almost any V6 on the road.

BTW how would that car respond to a turbo? It wouldn't compare to a 6 right? :confused:

Also how fast was your Turbo Buick before any mods 14s?
So after a few mods it got fast?
So after a few mods this guy’s car will also pick up some speed.

The funny part is when you look at it from deferent views it becomes more apparent that this V6 ship is more of a cult thing for most people then anything else.

What’s the deference of putting in a 454 and an after market 6? None came in the car.:confused: :confused:
Ohhh it’s an 8, but didn't some Regals come with an 8?

Also if you put $10k into that 454 what are the chances that a Dollar for dollar 6 could keep up with it?
so for a total of $11.5K that Regal has a lot more potential and a lot less maintenance then almost any V6 on the road.

BTW how would that car respond to a turbo? It wouldn't compare to a 6 right? :confused:

Also how fast was your Turbo Buick before any mods 14s?
So after a few mods it got fast?
So after a few mods this guy’s car will also pick up some speed.

The funny part is when you look at it from deferent views it becomes more apparent that this V6 ship is more of a cult thing for most people then anything else.

Ha! Thats funny! If it doesnt have a V6, it's a worthless piece! But wait a minute, we have a V8 section on the board and nobody complains on there! This guy took a Regal and dropped a big block in it! I say the thing is a sweet start to a BAD AS$ car!

Back