Possibly our one and only chance guys and gals.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
For those of you, like me, who are firm believers in our 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms, here is our chance to let those in power, know exactly how we feel about the up coming vote on the UN International Arms Treaty on “small arms.

To all of my fellow brothers and sisters out there who wish they could do something about this incredibly and potentially devastating and damaging treaty, please take a moment to check it out. This is our chance.
This link explains it all.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/national-gun-registry-imminent-fight-the-un-small-arms-treaty-att/

In short, it explains the seriousness of this Treaty and gives you a source where you can find your state Senators' website and send them an email about your thoughts on this treaty. Our time is desperately running out as the vote is set to go in less than a week.

Mods and Admin if you feel that this would best be suited to be in the Political Views forum, please feel free to move it, but I felt that it would be best placed in the GUNS & AMMO forum, where it would get the most views.
And just for the record, I sent two emails to my two state Senators a few minutes ago.
Sincerely.

Patrick L. Rubio

I'm almost tempted to move this to the lounge Patrick. This is the response I'm considering for my reps. Not sure I want to put it this way so if someone else has a better response I'm open to ideas here. Corrected and amended, thanks Patrick.;)

The UN Small Arms Treaty (ATT) is a travisty and I hope that you will NOT be agreeing to it. This will allow the same conditions that happened in Germany in WWII, Russia during the soviet "revolution", Italy during Musolini, and will NOT make us safer but create a situation of tension and mistrust. As a former member of the US army MP corp and a citizen of the US I feel removal of any of the rights that are in the constitution will create a situation in the US of more tension between liberals and conservatives. I urg you to veto any attempt to ratify this treaty in any way.
Thank you,
Charlie

I like what you said there. Definitely more stern than mine.
Here is what I sent,

Dear Senator Wicker.
As a USAF Veteran and firm believer in our US Constitution and Bill of Rights, I humbly ask that you please vote "No", on the upcoming vote for the UN International Arms Treaty on “small arms. If voted in place, I firmly believe, it will be very detrimental and damaging, to this wonderful United States of America that we all love. Not to mention the damage it will cause to our Constitution and Bill of Rights, specifically our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. I can only pray, that this Treaty will not be signed into law by our Govt and trust that you have our best, vested interests at heart. Thank you sir for your time.
Sincerely,

Patrick L. Rubio

If it is signed into law... Bets will be open as to who/when the first secession takes place....

Update.
I received a reply from Senator Wicker yesterday. And it was very favorable. So, believe it or not, most Senators will respond to their very concerned constituents.

Keep up the good work everyone.
Kinda feels like a PSA, however, this could quiet possibly be the most important PSA, we have ever heard.

Patrick

Yes Sir! The time is now... If they do this all bets are off....

It's a bit political but you think we ought to move this to the lounge Shane? Might get a little more exposure afterall.

BTW, this is my final draft that has been sent.;)

" UN International Arms Treaty on "small arms"

The UN Small Arms Treaty (ATT) is a travisty and I hope that you will NOT be agreeing to it. This will allow the same conditions that happened in Germany in WWII, Russia during the soviet "revolution", Italy during Musolini, and will NOT make us safer but create a situation of tension and mistrust. As a former member of the US army MP corp and a citizen of the US I feel removal of any of the rights that are in the constitution will create a situation in the US of more tension between liberals and conservatives. I urg you to veto any attempt to ratify this treaty in any way.
Thank you,
Charlie

Looks like things are safe for the moment, but expect another attack from the liberals trying to do this again. One of the links I posted (#3) shows an interesting defence of not complying with the rule of law, and it's 100% agreed upon by the supreme court.;)

We hold that a proper claim of the constitutional privilege against self-incrimination provides a full defense to prosecutions either for failure to register a firearm under sec.5841 or for possession of an unregistered firearm under sec.5851

Took a while but I finally got a response from one of the senators for Texas. I think it's a standard form letter but at leas she responded.;)

Dear Friend:
Thank you for contacting me regarding the United Nations Small Arms Treaty. I agree strongly with your view, and welcome your thoughts and comments.

I support Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS) in his efforts to prevent any taxpayer funds from being expended in support of negotiation of this United Nations treaty. This year, I again joined many of my Senate colleagues in a letter to the President that expresses our strong opposition to the U.S. even being a party to negotiations about this treaty.

As you may know, the U.S. Constitution requires that foreign treaties must be ratified by a two-thirds vote of the U.S. Senate. My term in the Senate is over at the end of December, but it is difficult to foresee the necessary two-thirds support in the Senate for the U.N. Small Arms Treaty, even if the Obama Administration or a new president elects to present the treaty for ratification.

I appreciate hearing from you, and I hope that you will not hesitate to contact me on any issue that is important to you.

Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison
United States Senator

Finally got the second note from Bill Flores today and it may still be a form letter but it looks like it was written a little bit better than the other one that I got.:cool:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your opposition to the United Nations (UN) Arms Trade Treaty. I always appreciate hearing from those that I represent in Congress.

Beginning in 2006, the General Assembly of the UN requested that member countries submit recommendations to establish an international standard for an arms trade treaty. Following reports and discussions, the UN General Assembly decided on a target date of summer 2012 to finalize a legally binding instrument for ownership, sales, and transfer of conventional arms.

Like you, I am concerned about the dangers of international standards on arms transfers and the potential weakening of our Second Amendment rights as American Citizens. The previous meetings of the UN General Assembly have made it clear that the treaty, as discussed, poses serious threats to American liberties. Currently, the UN Arms Trade Treaty remains under consideration by the UN General Assembly. Should the UN General Assembly move forward, ratification of this treaty would require a two thirds majority approval by the U.S. Senate and approval from the U.S. President.

I am a proud cosponsor of H.R. 3594, the Second Amendment Protection Act. This legislation would cut off all funding to the United Nations if the United States agrees to any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of American citizens. H.R. 3594 has been referred to the House Foreign Affairs Committee and awaits further legislative action.

As a gun owner and a Texas concealed handgun license holder, I firmly support the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. Please be assured that I will continue to monitor this treaty process and fight to maintain our Second Amendment rights. Moreover, I will keep your thoughts in mind should any other legislation regarding this issue come to the House floor for a vote.

Thank you for entrusting me to represent you in the United States Congress. If you would like more information on this or any other issue, or would like to share your thoughts with me via e-mail, please visit my website at http://flores.house.gov. Please do not hesitate to contact me again should you have further concerns on federal legislation or programs.

Very truly yours,
Flores_Signature.jpg

Bill Flores
Member of Congress

This has only come up due to what happened in Colorado. The only way they get restrictions passed is under public hysteria and ignorance. BTW, I stuck this thread since it's probibly going to last a while with all crap that the liberals try to pull.

Pardon the pun, but we dodged a big bullet on that one...for now. Make sure everyone you know votes Nov. 6!