You can type here any text you want

Power plate or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jk kelly

Just wondering how important is a power plate? Does it really help and do I really need one

Does it help in real-world situations? I dunno, but it doesn't seem to hurt anyones performance that I've read.

ks

Hard to say.. You running a LU or NON LU converter ??? Front mount or FMIC ?? What size tires on the rear ?? :rolleyes:

Just wondering how important is a power plate? Does it really help and do I really need one

Lots of faster cars than mine running them so I use oneo_OIn the real world I managed to run 2 lbs more of boost with the plate in the heat of the summer with no knock.:cool:

I wonder how Grumpy got his name . . . :)

After you are here for a while you will see this can be a very helpful site. But things like I have posted have been beat to death way to often.. I am old but I can still figure out how to do a search on something so simple as a PP. :p SOOO when you see guys are just to lazy to search will be the same ones that will get a 30 page thread beating the PP to death for the gazillionth time. ahhhhh the net :rolleyes:

That was a poor attempt of humor on my part, was trying to be funny. I won't quit my day job. :D

I also like new members who come in with a lot of attitude, then wonder why they stopped getting help.

What a lonely man.........

You didnt do a search on a just gawd awfully beat to death subject and were called out on it...dont be a lil B#$%& and try to retaliate. Just do a search in the future before asking.

Sorry guys, I did the search, just thought there might be new info on it like it, doesn't help now, new evidence that it hurts horsepower after further research, etc....... Never can get enough opionions

I just got one myself, but haven't put it in yet. The only negative I heard was the danger of stripping bolts out. I read that a lot of guys are using studs to install them. The reason I bought the power plate was to get the most out of the car with no knock since I don't plan on using methanol injection...yet.

No, I have no evidence how it hurts performance or gains performance, I looked on search threads before I posted a thread and was wondering if there was any new evidence about or bad experiences about it, but people open there d$&@k suckers and make smart comments before they know what I have done, if y'all get tired of same post over and over then why bother on replying,just skip the thread and go on.... Just saying

I don't trust these. They supposedly equalize air in each cylinder but not by improving air flow, but rather by restricting air to some cylinders :confused:. Anyway you look at it, it doesn't make more air come into the engine if it has to pass through the small holes in the plate.

Claude. :)

Back