You can type here any text you want

Power plate or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Nick Micale said:
I thought we put this debate to bed many years ago by doing back-to-back runs, same GN,same day, same driver [me!], same track [BG, KY], ~2 more #'s of boost, better ET, more MPH with the plate on a TA-49 turbo. :)

Does this answer everybody's questions???

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Turbo Buick

Does this answer everybody's questions???

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Turbo Buick
So... theoretically, if I have a TT chip set for 17-18# of boost the power plate will allow me to run 19-20#? Sorry if this a dumb question, but that was how I understood things before I decided to get the power plate.

So... theoretically, if I have a TT chip set for 17-18# of boost the power plate will allow me to run 19-20#? Sorry if this a dumb question, but that was how I understood things before I decided to get the power plate.

Not absolutely certain but possibly. Clear as mud?

I have it. With my current setup (212 /212 cam, Champion ported irons, ported stock intake with EGR tower removed, stock ported plenum, 63mm TB) I saw no difference at all between having it and not having it. I was not able to add any more boost and AFR stayed identical at WOT according to my WB02. I originally didn't put it on because I didn't know if it would work with the new setup, but Jason told me that it would still be fine. I can tell you it is not hurting anything and all the plugs look nice and gold, where the rears did seem a hair lean before. I have seen lots of people claim that they can add 2psi with no knock. Maybe this is true with stock internals. I believe I had that experience too when my motor was stock.

Mike, I agree with your statement about possible pressure drop across the plate, but flow is what we really want and need.

If you view the plenum and lower intake as an "air reservoir" that supplies air when an intake valve opens, the better the flow, the more air entering the combustion chamber.

When using a larger plenum or a spacer to give more volume, this provides a larger "reservoir" and less restriction for all the cylinders especially at higher RPM.

For demonstrating that the RJC PP does even out the flow, Jason has a leaf blower rigged to an intake/PP/head assembly that shows uneven flow w/o the PP, and even flow with the PP, and MANY guys have given testimony that it did allow them to add a little more boost w/o knock, and more power.

I thought we put this debate to bed many years ago by doing back-to-back runs, same GN,same day, same driver [me!], same track [BG, KY], ~2 more #'s of boost, better ET, more MPH with the plate on a TA-49 turbo. :)

For you old timers, Ken Moser was handling the test data and results that day! :cool:

How did the car run/ET and MPH look by putting on the PP and touching nothing else? I don't know if I've ever read any data on that. I use one also.

It amazes me how the moderators see the rudeness towards the OP and don't step in and control, like on other threads. It's literally a highjack.
Yes it's been beaten to death. So what! There shouldn't be any preferential treatment when reprimanding people.
Grumpy's comment wasn't even that bad. It's when the sheep follow that makes it bad.

Pathetic!

"Welcome aboard OP" I hope this has been a great experience so far. Be sure to share with all your friends how welcome you feel here.

D

I find it interesting that nobody wants to talk about the PP and there's 3 pages of replies....LMAO

If you want to have an exploding thread with lots of replies, just ask about a blow off valve or power plate :)

Don't they have different power plates for the type of plenum- i.e. a different one for the Hemco?

It has to be a Morel roller plate. The comp roller plates have been absolute crap since they started outsourcing to Mexico.

I find it interesting that nobody wants to talk about the PP and there's 3 pages of replies....LMAO

I haven't been to the track since I installed mine, but the car feels more responsive around town. I guess it could all be in my head, but I've spent money to go slower before! Give it a try.

I love watching Grumpy give people internet weggies and then listen to them wine because they can't take a friendly ribbing.

Grumpy just has no patience with people that know more than him:p Ummm wait,who are theyo_O

For you old timers, Ken Moser was handling the test data and results that day! :cool:

Can we make a sticky on this;) Oh and look another old guy posts some facts :D

Will I become this sarcastic also once I reach more than a thousand posts or know everything there is to know about TRs???

I'm all for using the search option but as others have said if it's an old post it may or may not be relevant anymore or may not be able to find the answer to the question in the first place.

As Grumpy would say, really more sarcasm, haven't we beat this horse to death yet. [relax Grumpy I'm using it as a metaphor]

It goes both ways, you can scare people [noobies]off from asking questions if they ask something that you've heard for the hundreth time.

Or you can point them to the thread that you have memorized in your head because you've read it a hundred times and are the all powerful OZ'S of TR knowledge.

OR YOU CAN SAY NOTHING and let the thread die as I have seen many questions never even answered at all while I've done searchs looking for an answer.

I know some post just to get their counts up or hope to see how many responses they get, but they are the minority.

I like a little ribbing like most do, but man I feel like I already know most of you because of the smart ass attitudes on this board. I have alot of smart ass in me also.

Just remember that the new TR owners come here to learn, young and old alike and look up to people who are the vets of TRs for advise and knowledge to fix/improve their cars and usually it is their first TR and they are clueless and or are computer illiterate as far as how the boards work.

Before you give that next smart ass answer think back to when you got your first TR and how jacked you were when you got it and couldn't wait to learn more about it and how fast you could make the car go, but were clueless and had to look to others for advise to avoid costly mistakes or chase your tail with an electrical problem or some other trait that you now know is common to the these cars.

What I'm getting at is, a little ribbing is fun, but the piling on only discourages people from asking questions or visiting your house so to speak and eventually no one comes over anymore except the guys you went to grade school with and you miss out on making new friends.

If all you got to do was talk to the same people that all new the same thing and had nothing new to share with you wouldn't it suck.

I know I might piss a few people off by saying what some think but won't say for fear of being black balled, and I hope they get over it.

This really is a good site but there are others that people can go to if they feel intimidated or mocked for asking questions with answers that are obvious to the vets.

If the questions are to good for you, move on to another one instead of giving answers that will make members move to another forum.

I like it here and have thick skin and can take the ribbing.

Just my observations with the short time I've been here in your house, but hope to stay long enough to be able to say it's our house.

Robzombie

Back