You can type here any text you want

Powerlogger placement issues

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

achalmersman

Hi guys. Have any of you had trouble getting the ECM far enough down to get the USB socket to line up through the slot in the plastic housing? I've got my ECM bottomed out and I could force my USB cable through the plastic and into it but I feel as though there is way too much sideways pressure on the board. Any recommendations other than trimming the plastic? And yes, I've had my ECM in the floor for months and I'm just now getting around to permanent installation :) See pic

Attachments

• 1421261995573.jpg
    1421261995573.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 183
I had the same issue....bought a used cover and trimmed it.

Well since I've already done the normal trimming to mine I guess I'll go the rest of the way. I'll keep an eye out for a used non-trimmed one to throw on the shelf. Glad I'm not the only one!

Check and make sure the ECM is all the way down inside the cover. It get get hung up on some screws or the edges that may stick out a little.

I believe mines chopped too. Would be nice if next version had the usb slightly lower

you want to make sure the PL board stays fully seated in the ECM, with no pressure on it from the ECM mounting plastics.

Bob

Also get a 90* USB extension cable so it isn't sticking straight out from the kick panel .(y) Sam

This is what I did to mine and some of the guys in in Panama City.

Got an ECM extension harness from Caspers and mounted it to the back of the glovebox.

Last edited:
I just trimmed out my slot in the cover so the usb would work , you have to look real close to see it , at 70 mph going down the road no one will see it .

Clearanced mine so there are no issues. No big deal.

This is what I did to mine and some of the guys in in Panama City.

Got an ECM extension harness from Caspers and mounted it to the back of the glovebox.

Where do you throw the random thongs and nudie pictures you don't want in he console?

I have a 5" right angle extension for the P/L cable that will stay in ecm and you can unplug long cable when not in use. I can have more made up if there is interest.....................

Back